[Tango-A] NA-E: ERIC JORISSEN in Durham, NC - September 15-17, 2006

Gülden Özen gulden at tangophilia.com
Mon Sep 4 10:17:56 EDT 2006

Hi all,

This Thursday is the early registration deadline
for the special tango weekend with Eric Jorissen in Durham, NC.
At this time, we have openings only for single
leaders and couples in the workshops. We are
keeping a waiting list for single followers, so,
please let us know that you'd like to be placed
on the waiting list if you are interested in
taking these workshops as a single follower.
Leaders, do not miss this exceptional opportunity
to study with a true maestro who will be visiting
only NYC and Durham during his visit to USA!

Details are below. Please don't hesitate to
contact us if you have any questions.
Argentine TANGO Weekend
WORKSHOPS, PRACTICAS & MILONGAS
with ERIC JØRISSEN  of  El Corte in Durham, NC
September 15-17, 2006  / Friday - Sunday

About Eric:
Eric studied dance education at the Rotterdam
conservatory till 1984. After then, he decided to
specialize in Argentine tango. He began teaching
Argentine Tango in 1987, inspired by Pepito
Avellaneda, who considered him being his 'tango
son'. In 1987 Eric founded Tango El Corte, the
legendary tango center/"commune" in the Dutch
city of Nijmegen.Over the last 18 years El
Corte's fame spread out over the globe.
Attracting 25000 visitors a year, El Corte has
become one of the leading tango centers in the
world. Eric is still running El Corte with a lot
of passion and with a staff of 10 teachers.
Among the many famous fans and visitors of El
Corte, Alex Krebs and Damian Essel & Nancy Louzan
are a few that our community is familiar with!
During 3 weekends a month and during off season
Eric travels the world. From Alaska to China,
from Finland to South Africa.... The flying
Dutchman seems to have a lot of energy! Eric
loves to work with mixed level groups and is
specially keen on transmitting the aspect of
musical sensitivity and connection between partners for tango dancers.
We are very fortunate that Eric loves our
"tangophiliac" community and comes back with great enthusiasm!
More information on El Corte and Eric is available at: http://www.elcorte.com

Sept. 15 , FRIDAY
    8:30 - 10:00pm     Class 1 – “Falling in Love with TANGO”  all over again!
                                                 Let
Eric take you on this exciting journey to explore  the depths
                                                 of
connection and communication in Tango! (Intermediate/Adv.)
10:00pm - 1:00am   Welcome MILONGA  (DJ:  Jason LAUGHLIN)
   @ Triangle Dance Studio

Sept. 16, SATURDAY
    12:30 - 2:00pm   Class 2  -  “Everything You
Always Wanted  to Know About”
                                              Dancing
MILONGA  but were Afraid  to Ask or Try! (Int./Adv.)
      2:30 - 4:00pm   Class 3  -  Creativity and
Improvisation  using Suspension and Flow of
                                                   Energy in  VALS (Int./Adv.)
     4:00 - 5:00pm   Guided  PRACTICA- I   Open  to Workshop  attendees only!
   @ Triangle Dance Studio

   Sept. 16, SATURDAY (Night)
9:00pm - 2:00am        MILONGA de Tangophilia
                           (DJs: Eric JØRISSEN  &   Jason LAUGHLIN)
  @ Triangle Dance Studio

Sept. 17, SUNDAY
  12:30 - 2:00pm  Class 4 - Increasing  the
QUALITY of your MOVEMENTS (Int./Adv)
    2:30 - 4:00pm  Class 5 – MUSICALITY  for both
Leaders and  Followers (Int./Adv)
    4:00 - 5:00pm  Guided PRACTICA -II   Open  to Workshop  attendees only!
@ Triangle Dance Studio

*For Private lessons with Eric, please contact gulden at tangophilia.com

Pricing:
*Payments received on or before Sept. 7:
PACKAGE I (“All Events  -- includes 5 Classes + 2
Milongas + 2 Guided Practicas):
             $150/person ($135 for college students)
PACKAGE II  (Includes 4 Classes on Saturday &
Sunday + 1 Saturday Milonga +  2Guided Practicas):
             $120/person ($110 for  college students)
ONE Class:      $30/person ($25 for college students)
Friday MILONGA (I) : $8/person ($6 for college students)
Saturday MILONGA: $12/person ($10 for college students)

*Payments received  after Sept. 7:

PACKAGE I (“All Events  -- includes 5 Classes + 2 Milongas +
                            2 Guided Practicas):
             $175/person ($160 for college students)
PACKAGE II  (Includes 4 Classes on Saturday & Sunday + 1 Saturday Milonga +
                            2Guided Practicas):
             $150/person ($135 for college students)
ONE Class:      $35/person ($30 for college students)
Friday MILONGA (I) : $10/person ($8 for college students)
Saturday MILONGA: $15/person ($12 for college students)

* Tango travelers, please contact us regarding
group discounts for groups of 4 or more out-of-town guests!
Please see below for accommodation options.

Payments:
Please contact Tangophilia at
“gulden at tangophilia.com” before sending in any
payments! We will do our best to maintain gender
balance at our events. Registrations are not
completed until you receive confirmation from us!

Credit Card payments possible ONLY through
www.tangophilia.com, we cannot accept cards over
the phone or at the door! Checks should be made
out to Jason LAUGHLIN and mailed to: 5814 Henner Place, Durham,  NC 27713.

Refund Policy:
Before the early registration deadline: We can refund 80% of your payment.
Before the date of the event (class, practica or
milonga): We can refund 50% of the payment for
events that you will not be able to attend. For a
refund, you must contact us at Tangophilia at
919-361-5145 or 919-423-7681 24 hours before the date of the event.
NO REFUNDS will be given if you cannot attend the
event but tell us on or after the date of the event.

>Accommodations:
>
>We have limited availability to stay with the
>local tangueros on "first come first serve"
>basis. Please contact "gulden at tangophilia.com"
>if you'd like to stay with a local host.
>
>Hotels:
>Most hotels located on South Miami Blvd. are
>close to the dance studio, at ~5 mins driving distance.
>Using http://travel.priceline.com/ and looking
>for hotels in the RTP (Research Triangle Park)
>area could give you the best deal.
>
>And
>Homewood Suites down the road from the Triangle
>Dance Studio can be visited on-line at:
>http://www.homewoodsuitesraleighdurham.com/accommodations.htm
>
>Also,
><http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>La
>Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research
><http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>Park
>Phone: (919) 484-1422
>Fax: (919) 484-1423
>
>are some nearby options.

For questions and registration: Contact
(919)423-7681   or    gulden at tangophilia.com
www.tangophilia.com

Let's meet in the Triangle for another great tango weekend!

Gulden Ozen & Jason Laughlin
Tangophilia
919-423-7681
www.tangophilia.com