[Tango-A] NA-C: Urbana IL - Wed Oct 11 is Registration Deadline for Discount Passes for 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta - one week away!

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 06:35:12 EDT 2006

3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta
Friday - Monday October 13 -16, 2006
Phillips Recreation Center
505 W Stoughton, Urbana IL 61801

The deadline for the discount passes for the 3rd Annual Close Embrace
Tango Fiesta is Wed Oct 11 - just one week away:

(1) Beginner Pass: 3 beginner level workshops (Fri & Sat) + 2 milongas
(Fri & Sat) + Sat evening tango film documentary + Sun noon practica
    $60 ($40 students)

(2) Saturday Pass: 2 intermediate level workshops + documentary film + milonga
    $60 ($40 students)

(3) Sunday Pass: 2 workshops (any level) + noon practica + evening milonga
    $50 ($30 students)

(4) Weekend Pass: Friday workshop & milonga + Saturday & Sunday Pass events
    $100 ($60 students), > 100 mi.: $90 ($50 students)

(5) Milonguero Pass: Weekend Pass + Monday Night Workshop
    $115 ($70 students), > 100 mi.: $105 ($60 students)

Fiesta details & registration forms: http://www.centraltango.com

PRIVATE LESSONS: Instructors Robert Hauk (Portalnd OR), Barbara Durr
(Atlanta GA) and Yelena Sinelnikova & Avik Basu (Ann Arbor MI) are
available for private lessons. If you are interested, contact us
immediately because these spots are going fast.

Note that we will have some other interesting Fiesta events in
addition to dance workshops and milongas.

(1) Tango DJ Fundamentals Workshop with Robert Hauk - Sat 11:30 AM - 1
PM ($20, not included in Passes). Please register in advance; this
workshop is reaching capacity.

(2) Tango FIlm Documentary - Dancing in the Milongas of Buenos Aires -
with Barbara Durr - Sat 8 - 9:30 PM (included in Passes)

(3) Sunday Brunch / Practica: Sun Noon - 2 PM - Wake up with Starbucks
coffee and socialize and do a little dancing to warm up for the
workshops ($5 for Brunch, practica is part of passes)

(4) Sunday Dinner / Milonga: starting at 5 PM: Have some Barbecue and
dance to consolidate what you've learned ($10 for dinner, milonga is
part of passes). Please register in advance. Due to advance ordering
needed for food preparation, you will not be able to add this after
arrival.

As far as tango festivals go, the Fiesta is a bargain with value, not
to mention Champaign-Urbana is a relatively inexpensive place to
visit. We offer top notch instructors, multiple workshops at all
levels of expertise, many opportunities to dance socially at milongas,
as well as a variety of non-dance activities. It will definitely be a
lot of fun and a valuable tango experience. There will be lots of
dancers from all over the Midwest and beyond. Registration is running
higher than in previous years (when we've had > 100 people), so we
expect this to be our most successful fiesta to date.

We look forward to seeing you at the Fiesta Fri-Mon Oct 13-15. Any
questions, respond to this e-mail.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL