[Tango-A] NA-C: Latin & Argentine Tango Club 13th Anniversary Celebration

Ray Hogan rayhogan at wowway.com
Sun Oct 1 20:48:21 EDT 2006

Our 13th Anniversary Celebration is rapidly approaching!  Please join Amy & Ray and all the Motor City Milongueros to celebrate 13 years of TANGO in Michigan!

The Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit 13th Anniversary will be on Friday, October 13th, at O'Kelly Hall in Dearborn, MIchigan.  We will begin with cocktails and general dancing.  We will have a special dinner buffet followed by fantastic show featuring Colette and Richard from Miami, Tate from Buenos Aires, and our own Motor City Milongueros.  After the show we will continue dancing Latin and tango music complements of DJ Ramu.

We have an exciting addition to the show, Las Gitanas!  Las Gitanas is group of four young ladies who reside in the area and perform at local events.  Recently they performed at the Comerica Park Grille during a game.  They are Kristen Snyder (Spain), Joanna Szybek (Poland), Eliana Fraguada (Puerto Rico). and, Myriam Steelman (Columbia).

Colette and Richard are a multi-talented and diversified couple who teamed up in 2001. They share a love of dancing and teaching tango. Their ability to communicate through dance and music gives a sense of something special and magical.  They have performed with many great entertainers including Susana Jimenez, Orquestra Contratiempo, Estela Raval, and some of the most phenomenal dancers from Forever Tango, Tango Dreams and many other companies.  In 2003 they won the IDO United States Argentine Tango Championships and in 2005 competed in the World Championships held in Buenos Aires where they were finalists in Tango Salon and semi-finalists in Performance Tango.  Visit their web site, http://www.colette-richard.com/.

Tate has been with us since late July teaching for the Club.  This is the second year that we have had the privilege of having Tate with us as our guest instructor for an extended time.  Tate has been teaching tango in Buenos Aires for over 10 years.   Since he still in his 20's, this is a significant accomplishment.  Tate has performed in many of the most exclusive milongas in Buenos Aires and danced as a lead member of the cast of the popular tango show, Tanguera, for the past 4 years.   He has performed in Brazil, Germany, France, Mexico, China, Spain, Italy, and Chile with the companies of Tanguera and other tango shows.  Tate was with us last year for three months.  His group classes are very popular and he is in great demand for private lessons.  Everybody loves Tate!

Presentations by our Motor City Milongueros will include Bill & Joyce dancing a tango, John and Norah dancing a vals, Mike and Penny dancing a tango, and a small group dancing the Jota Criolla, a popular Argentine folklore dance, and other surprises.  They will be great!  Please join us and give them lots of support.

Following are details of the evening.

Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit 13th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, October 13th, 2006
A Gala Dinner Show at O'Kelly Banquet Hall in Dearborn, Michigan
23663 Park Street, 2 blocks south of Michigan
and 3 blocks west of Outer Drive

6:00pm   Cocktails
8:00pm   Dinner
10:00pm Show
1:00am   Last Dance (Amigos Para Siempre)
General dancing all evening

Special Buffet Dinner
Garden Fresh Salad
Manicotti
Breast of Chicken
Prime Rib
Broccoli Normandy
Ice Cream
Cappuccino Cake
Beer, wine, pop, coffee

Dinner & Show
Members $55
Non-Members $60
Show Only (After 9:30pm) $30

Reservations are first-come first serve for seating
Reserve a table for 8 to 10 Guests.
THE DEADLINE FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS IS OCTOBER 1OTH.
We must give the O'Kelly Hall Management a final count for dinner at least three days prior to the event.
Show Only tickets available at the door.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on October 13th.

Abrazos,
Amy and Ray
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit
PO Box 2231