[Tango-A] NA-W, NA-C, NA-E: St Louis Festival, Dec 7-10, 2006

Shaun Sellers sellers at me.wustl.edu
Mon Nov 20 22:39:32 EST 2006

Last Call For Leaders!

We have a very limited number of slots available for leaders.
Contact us as soon as possible to guarantee your participation.
Please email to verify space before sending money.

ALL followers' slots are completely full, so we are no longer
accepting registrations from followers. Sorry, no exceptions!

This is a small festival with enrollment strictly limited in
order to maintain a friendly, intimate and gender-balanced
event with an emphasis on social dancing.

The festival has developed a reputation for the high quality
of dancing and instruction, with dancers coming from all around
the country. Currently, we have dancers coming from California,
Oregon, Washington State, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado,
Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Texas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Indiana,
Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, RI,
Georgia, Virginia, Florida, N & S Carolina, Maryland, Washington DC,
as well as Canada. Many of these are tango instructors.

One instructor who attended last year wrote us:

"Last year in St Louis I had the best selection of women partners
that I've ever experienced at a tango weekend or festival, and
I'm sure it will be the same this year."

Another instructor from Ann Arbor wrote:

"I don't recall ever having so many great dances as I did that
weekend."

The classes are oriented to dancers with multiple-years experience
of dancing. In addition, a special class will be offered for teachers
only. No beginner level classes will be offered. Good floorcraft will
be essential in the milongas.

Pre-registration required (including milongas).

Cost: $130 festival pass (all milongas, all practicas, 6 classes,
refreshments, pizza, beer and wine). - Sorry, only for leaders now.

Full-time students: only $65!!!

Festival website: http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/

Dec 7-10, 2006

Guest instructors:
-Jaimes Friedgen (Seattle),
-Evan Griffiths (Eugene),
-Shorey Meyers (Seattle)
-Jennifer Olson (Portland & New York),
-Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor),
-Florencia Taccetti (Buenos Aires & Minneapolis),
-Robin Thomas (New York).

DJs:
-Jaimes Friedgen (Seattle),
-Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor),
-Robin Thomas (New York).

   shaun
   info at gatewaytango.org

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there.
We will dance the hoochie coochie.
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.

  Kerry Mills and Andrew B. Sterling (1904)

Festival website: http://www.gatewaytango.org/festival/
email: info at gatewaytango.org