[Tango-A] Historic Tango Film presentation in Sin Rumbo

sergio segura sergioseguratango at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Nov 19 14:11:26 EST 2006

Sergio Segura Productions is pleased to invite you to a special multimedia tango history presentation in Club Sin Rumbo. You will have the rare opportunity to view historic films from the private collection of tango historian Anton Gazenbeek. The presentation will focus on the great milonguero dancers who passed through Sin Rumbo from the 1970s to the 1990s. Fascinating and entertaining films will be shown. Don't miss this opportunity!

    Club Sin Rumbo
  Saturday November 25th, 2006
  10:00 pm Tango History Film Presentation by Anton Gazenbeek (Bilingual lecture)
  11:00 pm Milonga until 4:00 am
  Exhibitions by the greatest milongueros
  PROMOTIONAL Price: $6 pesos ARG (includes bilingual class)

  Organizers: The Master Victor "El Gitano" and Mrs. Marta Oliveto

  Jose P. Tamborini 6157 (Constituyentes al 5900 - Villa Urquiza)
  Reserve your table: 4571-9577, 4574-0972

  Sin Rumbo is a legendary tango club in Villa Urquiza founded in the year 1919. It has a long and fascinating history. This is the place where El Cachafaz met Carmencita Calderon. This is where Pupy Castello gave his first exhibition as a youngster. This is where Lampazo, Portalea, and others taught. Maria Nieves organized dances here. Assassination Tango of Roberto Duvall was filmed here. El Ultimo Bandoneon (new tango movie now enjoying great success) was filmed here. This is a place where you feel the history in every inch of the building. Come discover it today! It is one of the oldest and most traditional milongas in Buenos Aires and where the old customs and codigos are still respected.

  Due to financial problems the club was closed down in May, but it was reopened in October of this year. We invite all locals and foreign visitors to come, support and get to know a piece of tango history and experience a true portena milonga.

  For all the people who love tango dance and history it is very important to keep this place open. Please support Club Sin Rumbo. Tell everyone about it. This is our way to help support the club and through these lectures we help keep the club alive.

  Sin Rumbo now has it's own website! Check out the site as we will be uploading old, historic photos of the club and it's milongueros, tango history articles, and more fun and interesting information!
  http://www.clubsinrumbo.com.ar

  Historic review by Tango Historian Anton Gazenbeek

  Hope to see you there!

        Sergio Segura
  Artist representative & Argentine cultural event producer
  www.sergioseguraproductions.com

Correo Yahoo!