[Tango-A] NA-W: Jan 5-7, 2007, San Diego Tango Festival Update

Tom Stermitz Stermitz at tango.org
Fri Nov 10 14:45:19 EST 2006

Dear Tango Friends,

Please be invited to attend the San Diego Denver Tango Exchange.
  - Jan 5 - 7, 2007
  - San Diego Town & Country Resort: 1-800-772-8527
  - http://LaEternaMilonga.com

DEADLINES

Please note the following deadlines:
  - NOW: Pre-registrations due
  - Airfares ASAP
  - Nov 30 Early Purchase Pricing ends
  - Nov 30 Hotel Reservations due

WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT SDDTX?

This is a tango festival "By Dancers, For Dancers". It is designed
from the ground up for the pleasure of social dancers. We have hired
the best DJs. The dance floors are arranged for good, Buenos Aires
style floor-craft.

No showcase dances. No show tango lessons. No beginner lessons. We
assume you already have basic tango vocabulary, like ochos & ocho-
cortados, so the teachers will concentrate on navigation,
improvisation, musicality, technique. Intermediates will succeed;
Advanced will be challenged. Without difficult show-dance moves, a
wide range of levels will be handled in the classes.

Classes are the perfect opportunity to meet people and reserve dances
for the milongas. Prices are low, so a lot of advanced dancers will
be attending class.

MILONGAS

The SDDTX features have five milongas starting with the Friday
afternoon Welcome Milonga, to the 7-hour closing milonga on Sunday
evening. Robin Thomas will DJ the Saturday Afternoon Alternative
Music Milonga. Buenos Aires "rules of the road" will be followed: DJs
all use a tango/curtina structure; Navigate with respect to the other
dancers; The dance floor will be arranged with an outer lane, second
& third lanes as needed; Use the eye-game to catch a partner; walk
her back to her seate; etc.

SDDTX

The San Diego Tango Festival will be similar to the Denver Tango
Festivals over Memorial Day and Labor Day. This festival is another
tango experience "By Dancers, For Dancers", featuring a low price,
nice hotel, lots of good close-embrace tango dancers, sunny weather,
outdoor pool.... yeah, but we'll all be dancing.

The teachers and DJs are some of your favorites from the Tango
Festivals in Denver:
  - Christopher Nassoupoulos & Caroline Peattie
  - Robert Hauk & Barbara Durr (Portland & Atlanta)
  - Robin Thomas & Marika landry (NYC & Montreal)
  - Avik Basu & Yelena Sinelnikova (Ann Arbor)
  - Tom Stermitz & Melinda Quiat (Denver

PRICING

  - $135 Festival Pass
  - $120 Saturday Arrival Pass
  - $100 Student 2/3 Price Pass
  - $85 Workshop-only pass (4-classes)
  - $55 Milonga Pass (5-milongas)
  - $35 Additional 2 Workshops on Friday

(The passes  give you about 25% discount over individual prices. Drop-
in milongas will run $15 - $20, but drop-ins will close if attendance
becomes to high. Pass-holders attendees are guaranteed space in the
milongas. Student pass is offered as a special work-study deal. In
exchange, you will help out at check-in or classroom monitoring for
two or three 1-hour shifts. Meet everyone as they come in.)

SAN DIEGO

San Diego is a wonderful city, full of nice restaurants and
attractions (zoo, aquarium, seaworld). Did I mention beaches? The
hotel is The San Diego Town & Country, which is close to downtown,
shopping and the airport. It is on the trolley line to downtown.
Rooms $130+tax, which is pretty good for San Diego. For your special
significant other, the hotel has an on-site day spa.

San Diego already has a good close-embrace community. Plus, there are
a lot of great dancers in Los Angeles who have experienced Buenos
Aires, Denver and the other festivals. We'll get a whole crowd down
down from LA for the DJs and milongas.

Tom Stermitz
http://www.tango.org
2525 Birch St
Denver, CO 80207

We will have five milongas from Friday afternoon welcome, to the 7-
hour closing milonga on Sunday evening. Robin Thomas will DJ the
Saturday Afternoon Alternative Music Milonga.

<b>SDDTX</b>

The San Diego Tango Festival will be similar to the Denver Tango
Festivals over Memorial Day and Labor Day. This festival is another
tango experience "By Dancers, For Dancers", featuring a low price,
nice hotel, lots of good close-embrace tango dancers, sunny
weather.... yeah, but we'll all be dancing.

The teachers and DJs are some of your favorites from Labor Day Tango
Festivals in Denver:
  - Christopher Nassoupoulos & Caroline Peattie
  - Robert Hauk & Barbara Durr (Portland & Atlanta)
  - Robin Thomas & Marika landry (NYC & Montreal)
  - Avik Basu & Yelena Sinelnikova (Ann Arbor)
  - Tom Stermitz & Melinda Quiat (Denver

<b>PRICING</b>

  - $135 Festival Pass
  - $120 Saturday Arrival Pass
  - $100 Student 2/3 Price Pass
  - $85 Workshop-only pass (4-classes)
  - $55 Milonga Pass (5-milongas)
  - $35 Additional 2 Workshops on Friday

(Student pass is offered as a work-study. In exchange, you will help
out at check-in or classroom monitoring for two or three 1-hour shifts.)

The passes  give you about 25% discount over individual prices. Drop-
in milongas will run $15 - $20, but drop-ins will close if attendance
becomes to high. Pass-holders attendees are guaranteed space in the
milongas.

<b>SAN DIEGO</b>

San Diego is a wonderful city, full of nice restaurants, and
attractions (zoo, aquarium, seaworld). Did I mention beaches? The
hotel is The San Diego Town & Country, which is close to downtown,
shopping and the airport. It is on the trolley line to downtown.
Rooms $129+tax, which is pretty good for San Diego. For your special
christmas present, the hotel has an on-site day spa.

San Diego has already has a good close-embrace community. Plus, there