[Tango-A] Fwd: NA-SE Piccolotango schedule Charleston,SC

Kathryn Johns tangoartist at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 25 12:45:21 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kathryn Johns <khaalida at yahoo.com>
Date: May 25, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: NA-SE Piccolotango schedule Charleston,SC
To: Kathryn Johns <tangoartist at gmail.com>

 *                    PICCOLOTANGO CHARLESTON,SC *
*                              JUNE 9-11,2006*
**
*                             Schedule of Events*
**
*Friday June 9,  7:30pm*
**
*Meet on the beach side of the Holiday Inn for an innovative and
casual milonga on the sand at Folly Beach,beginning at
7:30pm.Bringrefreshments and something to sit
on.We will dance the night away under the full moon!*
*In case of rain,we will dance at 313 W.Hudson St,Folly Beach*
**
*Saturday June 10,  10 am-4:15 pm*
**
*Back in Charleston after 1 1/2 yrs.,Vittoria Natale and Guillermo Elkouss
of Cherry Hill,NJ.**Vittoria and Guillermo have spent most of their time
traveling,teaching and performing in NJ,**Buenos Aires,Spain,Russia,Prague
and Hungary. We are excited to welcome them again!!!*
**
*Class Schedule:*
*1.INTRO TO CAYENGUE 10:00-11:30am*
*  embrace,posture,basic step*
*2.TANGO VALS 11:45am-1:15pm*
*  cadena w/change in direction*
*3.TANGO TECHNIQUE Class 1:30-3PM*
*  This course will help followers practice basic and advanced movements on
their own,without a leader.  Through repetition of different techniques in
this class,these elements will become part  of the muscle memory,become
effortless and can be applied to the dance. We will cover posture,walking
technique,pivoting,giros,musicality and embellishments.THIS CLASS IS FOR
LEADERS TOO!!*
*4.SUPERVISED PRACTICA 3:15-4;15pm*
**
*Private Classes with Vittoria and Guillermo in any aspect of tango and
related dances are available by prior appointment all day Friday and Sunday
on Folly Beach.(843)901-0685*
*$75 per hr or 5 hrs.for $300.*
**
**
*WORKSHOP FEE:*
*1 class     $30.*
*2 classes   $50.*
*3 classes   $70.*
*4.Practica  $10.*
*TOTAL PACKAGE  $80.*
**
*MILONGA AT ROGER PREVOST'S HOME,313 W.HUDSON ST.,FOLLY BEACH(29439) 7:30PM*
*BYO BEVERAGE.Snacks provided by CATS*
**
*Sunday,June 11, 3-5pm*
**
*Harby Gonzalez and Emily Tobias,currently performing with the tango
orchestra,QuinTango,**will be on hand to give us a wonderful and unique
workshop.They will be joined by Brandie and Stephen Rozier **of **The
Ballroom Dance Center,Augusta,Ga.*
*A RARE OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED!*
**
*1.  Fundamentals, Connection and Musicality of Argentine Tango and Milonga*
**
*FEE: $30 per person.*
**
*Private classes in any aspect of Tango or Ballroom dance with Brandie and
Stephen Rozier available by prior appointment at Creative Spark beginning
Sunday at 10am.**(843)901-0685.$60pp or $80 per couple.*
**
*ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD AT CREATIVE SPARK CENTER FOR THE ARTS,757
LONGPOINT RD.,BUILDING.2,MT.PLEASANT,SC 29464*
**
*MILONGA AT MISTRAL RESTAURANT,99 S. MARKET ST.DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON,SC 29401.
**7PM. *
*MILONGA IS FREE WITH PURCHASE OF FOOD,$5.COVER TO RESTAURANT OTHERWISE.*
**
*OVERVIEW:*
*Fri. Private appt's.all day w/Vittoria & Guillermo on Folly Bch. *
*     Beach milonga  7:30 Folly Bch Holiday Inn(meet behind hotel)  Free*
*Sat.Workshop&practica  10am-4:15pm Creative Spark in Mt.Pleasant*
*     House milonga 7:30 Folly Beach (byob)  Free-snacks provided*
*Sun.Private appt's.all day w/Vittoria & Guillermo on Folly Bch. *
*     Privates 10am-2pm w/Brandie & Stephen at Creative Spark,Mt.P *
*                     *
*     **Workshop 3-5pm Mt.Pleasant*
*     Dinner milonga downtown 7pm  **Free w/dinner or $5cover*
**
*TOTAL WORKSHOP PACKAGE >$110pp*
*To guarantee your space,** make your check payable and mail to:*
*Kathryn **Johns*
*926 A **Lansing Dr.*
*Mt.Pleasant,SC 29464*
**
**
*The members of The Charleston Argentine Tango Society look forward to*
*seeing all our friends,both old and new for this very exciting weekend!!!*
 **
**
**
**
**
**
**
**

**
**
**
**
**

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail
Beta.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40788/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>