[Tango-A] Fwd: NA-SE PiccoloTango in Charleston,SC

Kathryn Johns tangoartist at gmail.com
Fri May 5 12:23:14 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kathryn Johns <khaalida at yahoo.com>
Date: May 5, 2006 12:07 PM
Subject: NA-SE PiccoloTango in Charleston,SC
To: Kathryn Johns <tangoartist at gmail.com>

 *                    PICCOLOTANGO CHARLESTON,SC *
*                              JUNE 9-11,2006*
**
*                             Schedule of Events*
**
*Friday June 9,  7:30pm*
**
*We plan to have an innovative and casual milonga on the sand at Folly
Beach,beginning at 7:30pm.*
*There will be a full moon and high tide at this time but the beach has just
recently **been renourished so we look to have enough room to
dance.Therewill be an update on this event closer to the time of the
event.
*
**
*Saturday June 10,  10 am-4:15 pm*
**
*Back in Charleston after 1 1/2 yrs.,Vittoria Natale and Guillermo Elkouss
of Cherry Hill,NJ.*
*Vittoria and Guillermo have spent most of their time traveling,teaching and
performing in NJ,*
*Buenos Aires,Spain,Russia,Prague and Hungary. We are excited to welcome
them again!!!*
**
*Class Schedule:*
*1.INTRO TO CAYENGUE 10:00-11:30am*
*  embrace,posture,basic step*
*2.TANGO VALS 11:45am-1:15pm*
*  cadena w/change in direction*
*3.TANGO TECHNIQUE Class 1:30-3PM*
*  This course will help followers practice basic and advanced movements on
their own,without a       leader.  Through repetition of different
techniques in this class,these elements will become part  of the muscle
memory,become effortless and can be applied to the dance. We will cover
posture,walking technique,pivoting,giros,musicality and
embellishments.THISCLASS IS FOR LEADERS TOO!!
*
*4.SUPERVISED PRACTICA 3:15-4;15pm*
**
*Private Classes in any aspect of tango and related dances are available by
prior appointment all day Friday and Sunday on Folly Beach.*
**
**
*FEE:*
*1 class     $30.*
*2 classes   $50.*
*3 classes   $70.*
*4.Practica  $10.*
*TOTAL PACKAGE  $160.*
*Private class(es) $75.per hr or 5 for $300.*
**
*MILONGA AT ROGER PREVOST'S HOME,313 W.HUDSON ST.,FOLLY BEACH(29439) 7:30PM*
*BYO BEVERAGE.*
**
*Sunday,June 11, 3-5pm*
**
*Harby Gonzalez and Emily Tobias,currently performing with the tango
orchestra,QuinTango,*
*will be on hand to give us a wonderful and unique workshop.They will be
joined by Brandi and Steven Rozier **of **The Ballroom Dance
Center,Augusta,Ga.*
*A RARE OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED!*
**
*1.  Fundamentals, Connection and Musicality of Argentine Tango and Milonga*
**
*FEE: $30 per person.*
**
*Private classes in any aspect of Tango or Ballroom dance with Brandi and
Steven Rozier available by prior appointment beginning Sunday at 10am.
FEE: $60.single/$80 couple*
**
*ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD AT CREATIVE SPARK CENTER FOR THE ARTS,757
LONGPOINT RD.,BUILDING.2,MT.PLEASANT,SC 29464*
**
*MILONGA AT MISTRAL(French) RESTAURANT,99 S. MARKET
ST.DOWNTOWNCHARLESTON,SC 29401.
*
*7PM. MILONGA IS FREE WITH PURCHASE OF FOOD,$5.COVER TO RESTAURANT
OTHERWISE.*
**
*OVERVIEW:*
*Fri. Private appt's.all day Folly Bch  *
*     Beach milonga  7:30 Folly Bch  Free*
*Sat.Workshop&practica  10am-4:15pm  Mt.Pleasant*
*     House milonga 7:30 Folly Beach (byob)  Free*
*Sun.Private appt's.all day Folly Bch and Mt.Pleasant.*
*     Workshop 3-5pm Mt.Pleasant*
*     Dinner milonga downtown 7pm*
**
*To guarantee your space,** make your check payable and mail to:*
*Kathryn **Johns*
*926 A **Lansing Dr.*
*Mt.Pleasant,SC 29464*
**
*The members of The Charleston Argentine Tango Society looks forward to*
*seeing old friends and making new ones. Please join us for this special
event!!!*
 **
**
**