[Tango-A] NA-E: QuinTango at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival 8 - 11 June 2006

irwin singer irwinsinger at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 09:08:10 EDT 2006

	 QuinTango is celebrating seven consecutive years at
the Piccolo Spoleto Festival
http://www.piccolospoleto.com/events/default.aspx?progid=12&eventid=185&perfid=835
with a 2-concert series:  The History of Tango in 2
Acts.  Act I is The  Golden Age, including such famous
tangos as Inspiracion, Gallo Ciego,  favorites by
Carlos Gardel (El Dia Que Me Quieras and Por una
Cabeza),  and featuring a new arrangement of the
candombe Azabache.  Act 2 is  Piazzolla's Revolt!,
including Libertango, Adios Nonino, and Esqualo plus
tangos by Piazzolla's contemporaries Salgan, Plaza and
Berlinghieri, and  a new arrangement of Otono Porteno
by QuinTango's multi-talented cellist,  Jorge
Espinoza. You can attend these acts in either order -
or pick your  favorite period.   Emilie Tobias & Harby
Gonzalez, who danced with us  last year at Piccolo,
are dancing on both concerts.  The programs are posted
on our web site, if you want to pick specific pieces
http://www.quintango.com/concerts/spoleto2006.html
Come once, come twice  - you'll enjoy it all.

Thur,   June 8    1:00 pm      Act I: The Golden Age
Fri,     June 9    4:00 pm     Act II: Piazzolla's
Revolt!
Sat    June 10    Noon        Act I: The Golden Age
Sun   June 11     Noon        Act II: Piazzolla's
Revolt!

Charleston Music Hall, 37 John Street, Charleston, SC
(across from the visitors' center; parking adjacent to
the hall)

	Tickets may be purchased on line at
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1035888 or by
calling Ticketmaster  Charleston at 843-544-6060 or by
stopping at the Piccolo Box Office at  Gaillard
Auditorium, 77 Calhoun Street.  There is no service
charge at  the Piccolo Box Office.

	Also this week,   The Charleston Argentine Tango
Society is sponsoring milongas and workshops 9 - 11
June 2006, for more information, see  PICCOLOTANGO
athttp://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/tango-a/2006-May/000188.html

         We look forward to seeing you all in
Charleston.          Joan

Irwin Singer
812 West Braddock Rd.
Alexandria VA 22302
tele: (703) 548-6811; fax: (703)-548-9148
http://stm2.nrl.navy.mil/~wahl/6176.htm "is wear it's @"
http://home.flash.net/~cooljazz/fotosite/myfamily/corsica.html (family photo, for those interested).