[Tango-A] NA-C: 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta - Urbana IL: Oct 13-15

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 14:51:55 EDT 2006

The 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta will take place October
13-15 in Urbana-Champaign IL. Our guest instructors are Robert Hauk
(Portland OR), Barbara Durr (Atlanta GA), and Yelena Sinelnikova &
Avik Basu (Ann Arbor MI). They are great representatives of some of
the strongest close embrace tango communities in the US, which they
have helped build. Robert and Avik will also be DJs for our milongas.
There will be simultaneous workshops at all levels, from beginner to
advanced. There will be milongas Friday and Saturday night and Sunday
early evening.

This festival has attracted over 100 dancers each year and is growing.
This has become a gathering point for close embrace tango dancers in
the Midwest, attracting some of the best dancers from numerous tango
communities, not only in the Midwest, but also beyond.

Photos of the 2004 and 2005 close embrace festivals are now available
on our website. Go to our home page:

www.centraltango.com

and click on the link to the 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta.

Workshop content for this year, still under development, will be
announced soon.

Special additions to this year's program:
- Presentation with discussion of Barbara Durr's documentary film
'Chasing the Ghost' on dancing in the milongas of Buenos Aires
- Tango DJ Fundamentals workshop by Robert Hauk

Mark your calendar for the 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta. If
you haven't been to one of our tango weekends yet, you will soon
realize that our friendly University town 130 miles south of Chicago
has a thriving tango community. One great feature of our locale is
that our overhead expenses are lower than those of big cities and we
pass these savings on to you. Registration costs for the weekend will
be around $100, and substantially discounted for students. There are
numerous reasonably priced hotels and restaurants within 10 minutes of
the festival site. Housing in the homes of local tangueros will be
available on a limited basis to further offset costs. There is plenty
of free parking at the festival site and around town. It is also easy
to enter Urbana-Champaign from 3 Interstate highways (I-57, I-74, and
I-72) and there will be little traffic in getting around town. Our
airport, 20 minutes from he festival site, has direct flights to
Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and Dallas.

This will be a pleasant rewarding tango weekend with top quality
instruction, great dancers, and at a reasonable cost.

We look forward to seeing you in October.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL
www.centraltango.com