[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC News Flash re: Esmeralda's!!!!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 11:57:25 EDT 2006

LATE -BREAKING!
NEW NEW NEW to ESMERALDA'S Sunday evening!!!!
THIS SUNDAY, JULY 16
JUST HOT OFF THE STOVE-- COOKED UP BY YESIM AND ME!

6:00-7:00 MILONGA CLASS AND PRACTICA IN THE PARTY ROOM!!!!
It is cooooool too!  It's beautiful!  It's comfortable! It's available!!!!

Here comes a series of MILONGA CLASSES plus A GUIDED Practica with Yesim
leading the way--- She has spent months in BsAs honing, honing, honing that
dance and the lead-and-follow and understands the reasons that many men
do not dance this dance,
do not love this dance,
are afraid of this dance!!
She says,
"it is not a tango...and definitely not a fast tango...so whatever you know
in fancy tango steps--paradas, drags, boleos, ganchos, volcadas,
colgadas, etc etc etc....leave them behind once and for all..."

I want us to milk her expensive and painfully gained knowledge to the hilt!
Yesim says as she has made and is making all the conceivable mistakes doing
this, or attempting to, BUT she would like to share what she does know with
others driven nuts by it.

Women: we will need you too!!!  We want to have a community of  wonderful
milonga leaders.  Men and women are welcome to lead or follow.

Come 6:00 to 7:00 for this!
Following will be a 1/2 hour GUIDED practica ("guided" is the operative
word) to figure out what the hell you just learned!!!!

THEN stay until 11 PM observing the line-of-dance beautifully, of course,
and dancing in the front, back and middle.

The admission is $10 includes class, guided practica, regular milonga.
(The beginner class as usual at 6:30 with Jean.)
Session 73 at 73rd and 1st.
212 517-4445
Always delicious reasonable eats and drinks, indoors and out.
See you--tomorrow night, I hope!
Lucille

Lucille Krasne
212 777 6053