[Tango-A] NA-E, NA-C: Andres & Meredith Improvisation Intensive This Weekend

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 09:21:38 EDT 2006

First, our thanks to everyone in the region, especially
Pittsburghers, who has supported our work through the
years.  Without it, we would not be able to bring back
Andres & Meredith for an amazing event this coming weekend.
 Tangueros from FL, WV, NY/NJ, Eastern PA, OH, and Toronto,
are also joining us.

The Code is a groundbreaking piece of work.

The Code is the notation system Andres Amarilla developed
that encourages creativity and will be taught in a special
Intensive Seminar on Improvisation & Technique this
weekend.  We learned a little of it the other night, and I
would not be surprised if it became a new standard in
tango.  It easily encapsulates the main systems in tango in
just a few letters.  Once you know a handful of notations,
it is pretty straightforward.

And very, very mind-opening.  It will change the way you
think about tango, just like it did to me.  Dancers of all
styles will appreciate this Intensive Seminar.

New service by Jet Blue from Boston & NY to Pittsburgh
gives more affordable airfare on 2-days notice.  Check out
Southwest Airlines for flights from Chicago.

Download the flyer at http://andresamarilla.com/tour.htm

After The Code workshops at the Wilkins School, jump into
the pool!

Guest DJ Jackie Wong of MA

SUMMER MILONGA/BBQ/POOL PARTY will be held at the
Waterfront in Homestead, across from the Lowe’s Home Center
on the west side of the Homestead Hi-Level Bridge.  It is
in a residential development.  The lodge/pool is right
across from the Steak & Shake.  If you are traveling on
Browns Hill road, remember to use BOTH LANES to the merge
point just before the bridge.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=611+E.+Waterfront+Dr.&csz=Munhall%2C+PA++15120&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

We have the lodge beginning at 4pm and the pool until 9pm.
People are welcome to enjoy the pool before the workshops
attendees get there.  A lifeguard will be on duty.  A
shower in both the ladies and mens rooms.  Floating pipe
things.  The lodge has an outdoor balcony.  $10 for the
milonga, and $15 for both the milonga & BBQ.

For more info, contact Trini or Sean at 412-521-1476 or
patangos at yahoo.com

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm