[Tango-A] NA-E: NANCY LOUZAN y DAMIAN ESSEL of Buenos Aires for the FIRST TIME in US and in North Carolina!

Gülden Özen gulden at tangophilia.com
Wed Jul 5 12:37:32 EDT 2006

SPECIAL TANGO WEEKEND/WORKSHOPS & MILONGAS featuring
Nancy LOUZÁN y Damián ESSEL
in USA and in Durham, NC for the FIRST TIME!
August 11-13, 2006

About Nancy and Damián:
Damián & Nancy like to place their focus on the
communication between dance partners, looking for
comfort in execution of the dance, technically
and expressively. They work with the different
possibilities of the tango embrace in relation to
the way of moving the legs and body.

"We like the harmonious and dynamic movements
from the most subtle to the most exciting and
vertiginous. Using all the possibilities coming
from the traditional way of dancing tango in
addition to the new elements of the new age.
In the lessons we teach the technique and the
structures which compose the tango movements. We
explain in detail and justify the origin of many
figures, which are combinations of the elements
analyzed in the structural exercises.
We work with the different possibilities of the
tango embrace in relation with the way of moving
legs and body according to the situation of
dancing on the social dance floor (milonga) or on
the stage."   - Damián Essel y Nancy Louzán

Considering that the learning does not have an
end, Damián & Nancy have taken classes with
Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Robert Herrera,
Vanina Bilous and Chicho Frumboli.

They have taught at CITA(Buenos Aires) and
Tangocamp in Greece and Sweden 2003, 2004 and 2005.
After several visits to Germany, Ireland, Italy,
Spain, Turkey, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland,
Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Korea,
Japan, Taiwan, Austria, and Holland to teach
workshops of Tango-Vals-Milonga and to perform at
the main milongas, they finally accepted to come to USA!

We are proud to be one of the two cities hosting
Damián & Nancy for the first time in USA!

SCHEDULE:

August 11 - Friday
   7:00pm - 8:30pm    CLASS 1 – Different systems
of walking, technique and dynamics; how to use each other's energy
   8:45pm - 10:15pm  CLASS 2 – Ochos/Ocho cortado
/Refining the technique, accompaniment, and dynamics
                                                         (more
on how to use each other's energy), new combinations for the social dance floor
10:30pm - 12:30am  Casual MILONGA at TDS

August 12 – Saturday
11:30am - 1:00pm  CLASS 3 – Milonga/Rhythmic work and steps
   1:15pm - 2:45pm  CLASS 4 – Voleos
(circular)/How to lead and follow; connection,
technique, musicality and improvisation.
   2:45pm – 3:15pm   Break
   3:15pm - 4:45pm  CLASS 5 – Colgadas/How to
lead and follow;connection, technique, musicality and new combinations
   4:45pm - 6:00pm  PRACTICA 1 – Supervised by Nancy & Damian
    8:30pm - 2:30am   MILONGA (w/Group Dinner option) & SHOW at Café PARIZADE

August 13 – Sunday
11:30am - 1:30pm  SPECIAL CLASS – Technique,
Dynamics and Figures/Combinations for Performances
   2:00pm - 3:30pm  CLASS 6 – Volcadas/How to
lead and follow; connection, technique, musicality and new combinations
   3:45pm - 5:15pm  CLASS 7 – Advanced Combinations
   5:15pm - 6:30pm  PRACTICA 2 – Supervised by Nancy & Damian

For Questions & Registration:
Contact Gülden Özen at (919)423-7681 or
<mailto:gulden at tangophilia.com>gulden at tangophilia.com

Pricing:
Payments received on or before August 3:

PACKAGE I (“All Events” - includes Classes 1-7 [7
classes except for Special class] + 2 Milongas +2
Guided Practicas +1 Group Dinner& Show at Café Parizade):
                             $230/person, $435/couple ($200 /college student,
                                                                   $385/college
student couple)
PACKAGE II (includes Classes 1-7 [7 classes
except for Special class] + 2 Guided Practicas):
                             $175/person, $325/couple ($160 /college student,
                                                                    $300/college
student couple)
PACKAGE III (includes Classes 3-7 [5 classes
except for Special class] +2 Guided Practicas +1
Milonga, 1 Group Dinner & Show at Cafe Parizade):
                             $160/person, $300/couple ($150 /college student,
                                                                   $275/college
student couple)
ONE Class:                   $30/person ($25/college student)
SPECIAL CLASS (couples only!):
                                         $90/couple
($80/college student couple)
Friday MILONGA:         $10/person ($8/college student)
Saturday MILONGA & SHOW:
                                         $15/person (includes one beverage )
Saturday MILONGA, DINNER & SHOW:
                                         $40/person
(tax & min. group gratuity included)

* Tango travelers, please contact us regarding
group discounts for groups of 4 or more out-of-town guests!

Payments:
Credit Card payments possible ONLY through
www.tangophilia.com, we cannot accept cards over
the phone or at the door! Checks should be made
out to Jason LAUGHLIN and mailed to: 5814 Henner Place, Durham, NC 27713.

Refund Policy:
Before the early registration deadline: We can refund the full payment.
Before the date of the event (class, practica or
milonga): We can refund 50% of the payment for
events that you will not be able to attend. For a
refund, you must contact us at Tangophilia at
919-361-5145 or 919-423-7681 24 hours before the date of the event.
NO REFUNDS will be given if you cannot attend the
event but tell us on or after the date of the event.

Private Lessons:
Please contact
“<mailto:gulden at tangophilia.com>gulden at tangophilia.com”
to schedule private lessons with Nancy & Damian
between August 11 and 17 in Durham.

Accommodations:

We have limited availability to stay with the
local tangueros on "first come first serve"
basis. Please contact "gulden at tangophilia.com" if
you'd like to stay with a local host.

Hotels:
Most hotels located on South Miami Blvd. are
close to the dance studio, at ~5 mins driving distance.
Using http://travel.priceline.com/ and looking
for hotels in the RTP (Research Triangle Park)
area could give you the best deal.

And
Homewood Suites down the road from the Triangle
Dance Studio can be visited on-line at:
http://www.homewoodsuitesraleighdurham.com/accommodations.htm

Also,
<http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>La
Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research
<http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>Park
Phone: (919) 484-1422
Fax: (919) 484-1423

are some nearby options.

Let's meet in the Triangle for another great tango weekend!

Gulden & Jason
Tangophilia
919-423-7681
www.tangophilia.com