[Tango-A] MISC: Hello from Gato and Andrea

Eugene & Jeanne Hill genejeanne at comcast.net
Sun Dec 31 19:08:45 EST 2006

Dear students and tango friends:

We hope you are all very well. We are writing to let you know about our
great Tango Tours to Buenos Aires that we are now organizing for next
year, and also to share a few comments that we selected from all the
ones we have been receiving about this November trip, which was once
again a complete success:

“I had an absolutely fabulous time on my Tango tour with Andrea and Gato
and would recommend the Tour to anyone!  The tour was not only a tango
adventure, but an introduction to Buenos Aires meticulously and
thoughtfully tailored by Andrea and Gato to match my every interest and
need.  During the night we ate and danced at milongas that had been
selected by our hosts with the idea of exposing us to all varieties of
tango venues.  During the days, they arranged excursions to see the many
distinctive neighborhoods that compose BA, the cemetery of Recoleta, the
barrio fairs with their street dancers and trips to the country to enjoy
folk dancing, gaucho traditions and the really beautiful delta areas
around the river—all while consuming generous amounts of food and wine!
  Andrea and Gato arranged for massages to refresh us after our long
flight, took us to the best shops for tango shoes and clothing, got us
the best tables at the best milongas for any given night and made sure
that the women had dancing partners available.
They spent countless hours before we arrived looking for an apartment
for me and my two girlfriends for the additional two weeks we stayed.
Andrea even arranged for me to meet with her personal costume designer
to have a couture skirt made that I could not buy (or afford!!!) in the
United States.  And she and Gato made sure that, if our other friends on
the tour wanted to see an opera or a ballet, the arrangements were made.
   As a native of Buenos Aires who is also fluent in English, Andrea is
the ideal guide.  Because they are professional Tango dancers who are
well known and respected in Buenos Aires, we were provided insights and
introductions to the Tango scene that would not have been available on
other tours.  Andrea and Gato were tireless in their efforts to make our
experiences in Buenos Aires complete and rewarding.  I strongly
recommend their tour and plan to go again with them next year!”
  Katrin Nelson, Scottsdale, Arizona.

  Dear Gato and Andrea
  We wanted to tell you what a wonderful time we had.  We loved being
with you, watching you perform and taking your classes. Of all the
classes we attended yours we're the best.  There is so much we could
learn from you.   But it's also all the extras that we truly appreciate.
  You really created a wonderful vacation.  We loved all the
sight-seeing, the tour of the city, the trip to Colonia, the day at San
Telmo, the shopping for tango shoes.  Every day was so carefully and
beautifully planned so that we were able to see as much as possible.  I
especially appreciate your time and patience in planning our trips to
Iguazu and Punta del Este.  It's quite amazing how you were able to
coordinate every person's schedule and take them where they needed to
be.  It must be an incredible amount of work and aggravation but you
were always so gracious about it.  Whether it was a schedule for ballet
classes or the names and addresses of hair dressers you did it all.  I
really loved being able to take ballet classes in BA. My poor Spanish
wasn't a problem in the universal language of dance.  What a stroke of
luck for me to  be able to watch the ballet company rehearse just a few
meters away during our tour of the Colon Theatre.  Looking at the
pictures you sent brought it all back...it was a visual journal of the 2
weeks.   Ed and I agree that our highest recommendation is that we would
do it again in a heartbeat.  I hope you are having a chance to rest and
relax now.  We love you and can't wait to see you in Sacramento.
Ed and Elaine Melia, Sacramento, California.

If you have not had the opportunity to come to BA in any of the previous
trips we organized, now you will have three other dates to choose from
in 2007.  The next trip we are now organizing will be for the beginning
of our Autumn (March 30th to April 14th, 2007). The weather will be
excellent, warm and sunny, but not too hot!

If you are interested please check our web page soon! You can not miss
it this time! There are already 8 people registered.
To reserve your place at the promotional price you need to make a
deposit of $400 before January 10th (new date).
Please visit our new website www.tour-tango.com.ar  to get more
information and the dates and prices (click on the "Registration" button):
The tour includes the following:
• 13 nights accommodation at a 4 stars hotel with breakfast
• Welcome dinner
•  Tango City Tour (historic circuit, La Boca, San Telmo, Retiro, Puerto
Madero, Recoleta Neighborhood & Cemetery, Palermo Parks and Mataderos Fair)
• 8 tango classes with excellent teachers (one hour and a half each)
• 12 milonga nights (entrance tickets included)
• 5 stars Tango Dinner Show at one of the best dinner theaters in Buenos
Aires
• Colon Theatre visit
• Café Tortoni visit
• Guided visit to Recolata cemetery with bilingual guide. Buenos Aires
Design walking tour.
• A day in the country with “asado”, “gauchos” show, horse riding, music
and more!
• Guided shopping day (for tango shoes, tango music and tango & leather
clothes)
• Farewell Dinner

Next trip dates:
  • March 30th to April 14th 2007.  Book now to get promotional price!
  • August 11th  to 26th, 2007
  • November 9th to 24th, 2007

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and  a very Happy New Year!

Best wishes,
Gato and Andrea
andretodotango at yahoo.com.ar