[Tango-A] MISC: Book: Tango with Mars & Venus

ATANGO2@aol.com ATANGO2 at aol.com
Sun Dec 17 16:11:34 EST 2006

Tango with Mars & Venus
by
Polly McBride, Portland Oregon
Author of
"All Things Argentine Tango"
"Tango Festival Operations Manual"
Lead Writer (with Clay Nelson)

Tango with Mars and Venus explores the male/female side of tango
through humor, insight and 16 years of tango experience.
Reviews:

“I’ve been a tango teacher for 10 years and I’ve never read anything quite
like Polly’s work (particularly TWMAV) that gets right to the heart of what
tango relationships are all about.  It’s just filled with gems of tango wit and
wisdom.  Clay Nelson

Polly McBride’ third book on tango, Tango With Mars And Venus is an important
reading for those seeking to understand the psychology of the dance.  Written
with great humor and profound understanding, it provides insight into the
minds and hearts of our partners on and off the floor. I highly recommend it to
tango dancers of any skill level.   Peter Tofalvi

While some books describe the ‘how’ of tango, there are few that unfold its ‘
what’, and none do it more fully, humorously, or knowledgably than Polly
McBride. In this book she presents the complex, complicated and often convoluted
universe within, between, and around those who dance tango; bringing the
insights and understanding of her long experience, acknowledged expertise, and
admitted addiction. You can spend twenty years in the tango world and learn what it
is by trial and error, or you can read this travel guide to educate and
entertain you on your journey. I recommend the latter. Scott H. Forbes

Polly has a gift of writing and her humor makes me laugh out loud. Tango with
Venus and Mars is an insight to tango and life and I found myself wondering
how she put it all in words.
                                       Michele Sommers

"TWMAV offers a very thorough view of the Argentine Tango culture that all
levels of dancers can relate to - written with a most engaging style." Norm
Horii

"If I could only have one book on Tango, it would be TWMAV!!!"
Ed Doyle

Coil bound, letter size, 100 pages covering over 100 topics.
$25/includes postage.
Email request for order form.

Polly McBride
(Google the name for more info and