[Tango-A] NA-C: Urbana IL: Feb 9-14: Alicia Pons, Robert Hauk Milonguero Tango Week(end)

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:48:05 EST 2006

Following in the tradition of our fall Close Embrace Tango Fiestas,
Urbana-Champaign IL welcomes Alicia Pons (Buenos Aires) and Robert
Hauk (Portland OR) as guest instructors for a Milonguero Tango
Week(end) Feb 9-14, 2007 at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W
Stoughton, Urbana. There will be workshops Friday evening, Saturday
afternoon and evening, and Sunday afternoon. Alicia and Robert will
teach some workshops together and some separately. There will be
milongas Friday and Saturday night. Alicia will remain in town several
days after the weekend for private lessons and additional workshops.

Details are forthcoming. For the latest information, consult our webpage:

http://www.centraltango.com

The focus in instruction will be the milonguero style tango, the close
embrace tango danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires. If you already
dance this way, you know why you do and want more. If you haven't
experienced the beauty of tango as danced in Buenos Aires, come and
learn what great gifts the Argentine culture can bring you.

Alicia Pons is a resident of Buenos Aires, a familiar face at the
milongas there and a preferred partner of the milongueros. She teaches
tango at the Pigmalion dance salon in Palermo and, for several years,
has had successful teaching tours in the US. Alicia brings a unique
perspective to teaching tango, the role of the woman as an active
contributor to the tango partnership in the social dance style. Those
who have had the special experience of dancing with Alicia know what
special skills women can bring to tango. Women, come and learn these
skills. You may become a preferred partner at milongas.

For more information on Alicia, consult her website:

http://www.aliciapons.com.ar/home-ingles.htm

Robert Hauk from Portland OR is a well known and popular instructor of
the milonguero style in the US, in high demand for tango festivals and
weekends. Robert is also recognized as one of the best tango DJs in
the US. Robert is known for his precise analysis of tango technique,
improvisation, and musicality. Tangueros who study regularly with
Robert are often among the best dancers on the floor at milongas.

For more information on Robert, consult his website:

http://home.teleport.com/%7Erobhauk/

Robert and Alicia teaching together will emphasize the perspective and
technique men and women bring to the tango partnership to create a
mutually satisfying dance. This combination is not to be missed.

Urbana IL is recognized as having one of the leading close embrace
tango communities in the Midwest. Our tango weekends bring together
some of the best milonguero style dancers in the Midwest and beyond.
With great DJs and great dancers, our milongas are a rewarding tango
experience. Many dancers from around the Midwest attend our tango
events repeatedly. Our local tango community is friendly, so you will
get to know many dancers, or reconnect with old friends. Our
facilities are modern and comfortable, providing a pleasant tango
experience. Just ask anyone who has been to one of our tango weekends
or festivals. They will probably be returning in February.

Urbana-Champaign IL, a midsized city and the home of the University of
Illinois, is a friendly, low stress, inexpensive destination for tango
weekends. There are numerous motels and restaurants within minutes of
the workshop site, with free-flowing traffic and free or inexpensive
parking (think coins, not bills).

All things considered, the Milonguero Tango Week(end) with Alicia Pons
and Robert Hauk is expected to bring you another great week(end) of
instruction and dancing. We look forward to seeing you (again).

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana IL