[Tango-A] MISC: TRIP GUATEMALA ETERNAL TANGO QUETZAL

christina johnson User kikibri at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 13:00:14 EST 2006

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN WITH $100 DEPOSIT.

ETERNAL TANGO QUETZAL
Trip limit: 30 people  $100 non-refundable deposit needed by March 1, 2007.

*Guatemala means: "land of eternal spring" in the Mayan language.*
It is indeed a paradise; exotic and hospitable, inexpensive, fascinating,
and relaxing. There is much to do and see within the small areas of Antigua
and Panajachel, (Atitlan) where we will focus this trip.
For beginner/intermediate dancers, although advanced dancers are welcome.
The trip begins with arrival Aug 1 in Guatemala City with afternoon
transport from the airport to Antigua,Guatemala. Lodging will be at the
gorgeous Quinta de las Flores hotel and the extraordinary Panza Verde hotel.
(see websites).
Both hotels serve breakfast separately in their hotel facilities. Panza
Verde has an excellent restaurant as part of the hotel.
See: http://www.aroundantigua.com/dining/panzaverde.htm
Classes will be mainly at the Panza Verde Hotel, in their upstairs yoga
room/gallery. Our five days in Antigua will include tango classes, milongas,
some meals, a personal tour and talk by archaeologist  and Mayan jade expert
Mary Lou Ridinger, an excellent city tour of Antigua, yoga class, and more!
On the morning of the 6th, we leave for the town of Panajachel where we have
with two days and nights at the beautiful lakeside Hotel Atitlan, with dance
floor. You need to see the websites to grasp how incredible the scenery is
at lake Atitlan, and also the architecture and streets in  Antigua.
Our transportation leaves early morning of Aug.8 to the airport in Guatemala
City, in time for flights leaving noon and later. To assure a place, you
will need to be book immediately, as the Hotels will not hold rooms without
deposits.

The price will be base price of less than $990 per person. I will have final
price by January 1 , 2007.
It will include:  Lodging, tango, a special meal, a personal tour and talk
by archaeologist  and Mayan jade expert Mary Lou Ridinger, an excellent city
tour of Antigua, tango classes, yoga class, transport from Guatemala City
one way and two way transport Antigua/Hotel Atitlan, but not airfare to and
from Guatemala City. The price will vary for single supplement rooms, and
will depend on your chosen accommodation in Antigua, between Quinta/Flores
and Panza Verde.

Additional Activities are many in Antigua, including may be organized for
you include hiking the Volcano near Antigua, coffee finca tour. Antigua is a
center for Spanish language schools, and private tutoring
is an easy and inexpensive option to improve your knowledge of Spanish.
Also included is a tour of the Santo Domingo hotel Museum: something so
unique you will just need to see it, rather than hear about it. It has a
pre-Columbian Art and Modern Glass exhibition ­ "Art and beauty in
earthenware, stone and glass ­ It is a comparative sample between an
archeological collection and one of modern glass, where the similarities
between the two of them are shown."

Note: If you want to visit TIKAL, the center of ancient Mayan civilization,
please arrive two days early or extend your trip by a day. It takes a day to
fly there, tour and return. Or you may want to stay the night there at
Francis Ford Coppola's new resort: La Lancha, 45 minutes from Tikal/Flores.
See:    www.romartraveler.com/RomarPages/CoppolaMundoMaya.html
<http://www.romartraveler.com/RomarPages/CoppolaMundoMaya.html>
and other sites:
 www.jademaya.com
 www.hotelatitlan.com
 www.casasantodomingo.com.gt
 www.quintadelasflores.com
www.panzaverde.com/

Hope to see you in the land of Eternal Spring!!
Christina

Christina Johnson, President
www.beyondtango.com
15 S. Sligo Plantation Rd.