[Tango-A] Urbana IL: Oct 13-15: 3rd Annual Close Embrace Tango Fiesta - Program Details

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:25:27 EDT 2006

On the weekend of October 13-15, 2006, the 3rd Annual Close Embrace
Fiesta will be hosted by the Tango Society of Central Illinois in
Urbana-Champaign, IL.

For your learning enjoyment, this year we continue to offer
instructors with proven success in teaching tango in close embrace -
guest instructors Robert Hauk (Portland OR), Barbara Durr (Atlanta
GA), Yelena Sinelnikova & Avik Basu (Ann Arbor), representatives of
some of the strongest close embrace tango communities in the US,
joined by Tango Society instructors Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez
Weigel. Instruction will be at all levels - from beginner to advanced.
Beginner classes will focus on providing you with the basic skills to
dance tango at crowded milongas, so that you can maximally enjoy the
weekend's social events.

There will be milongas on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday.

The latest details, including a near final schedule of events and
instructor profiles, are posted on our website:

http://www.centraltango.com

Click on the festival announcement for details.

Registration information will be available soon.

There are numerous tango festivals, but there are only a few that
focus exclusively on tango danced in close embrace. Every fall some of
the best close embrace tango dancers in the Midwest and beyond gather
in Urbana to celebrate and learn tango as it is danced in the milongas
of Buenos Aires, surrendering to a close connection to their partners,
inoculated  with musicality, always chasing the ensuing tango trance,
in other words, tango at its most delicious!

The Central Illinois Tango community welcomes you to our tango home,
where tango in close embrace thrives and flourishes. Over the last 2
years the Tango Society of Central Illinois has hosted such well-known
and highly regarded instructors teaching tango in close embrace such
as Tom Stermitz, Brigitta Winkler, Alex Krebs, and Ramu Pyreddy, for
well-attended fun tango weekends. If you've been here, you know about
us. If not, you need to find out.

Urbana-Champaign is a friendly, low hassle mid-size city where the
University of Illinois is located. We are located 130 mi S of Chicago,
110 mi W of Indianapolis, and 150 mi NE of St Louis. The largest
segment of our tango community is affiliated with the University of
Illinois, although we also draw from a cross-section of the population
of our region, forming a community that is diverse in age, ethnicity,
and geographic origin. Above all, we are a friendly community.
Visiting Urbana-Champaign is inexpensive and convenient. Traffic
flows, parking close to your destinations is plentiful and usually
costfree. There are numerous hotels and restaurants within 10 minutes
of the festival and they are reasonably priced. Due to our low
overhead, we can offer a fabulous tango weekend for around $100
festival cost, even less for students.

So visit us and enjoy a wonderful enjoyable and educational tango
festival at one of the nicest tango environments in the Midwest.

We look forward to seeing you in October.

Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
Tango Society of Central Illinois
Urbana, IL
htttp://www.centraltango.com