[Tango-A] SA: Tango Intensivos(tm) in Buenos Aires with Luciana Valle - Limited Enrollment, some almost full!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Wed Aug 9 16:42:51 EDT 2006

Dear Tango Aficionados,

If you knew of an intensive, week-long tango training program in Buenos
Aires so high-quality that it generated CONTINUOUS repeat attendance from a
growing list of discerning tangueros and tangueras – leading some to repeat
the program two, three, even four times in two years – wouldn’t you want to
consider participating, to learn what all the excitement is about?

We are approaching the first Advance Registration cutoff for the Tango
Intensivos™.  Those of you who are considering going with us should decide
soon, to avoid disappointment.  In any case, prices will go up after the
deadline.  Due to the increasing demand, we are segmenting our offerings
into three separate levels, depending on your experience and skill:

Intensivo™ Standard or “Normal” – Oct. 23-28, $595 before August 15th
The same great 28-hour program offered for the last three sessions in Buenos
Aires since February 2005.  For those with a mastery of the basics who want
to move beyond conventional workshops and festival classes through sustained
intense work with a great staff under a brilliant teacher.
UPDATE NOTE AUGUST 7: (Pending confirmations due August 15th) The leader
slots are almost full!  We have space for more followers though – most of
the previous customers are opting for the Cuadrado, although some are taking
both!  Find out why our followers keep coming back and coming back: “
if I
had only twenty minutes to live, I would want to spend it dancing with him!”
– (repeat customer, referring to one of our assistants)

“Intensivo™ Basico” – Oct. 31 – Nov. 4, $350 before August 15th
A shorter, less intense 16-hour version of the standard program for those
who want to reap the benefits of our instructional model and superb staff
without the five-hour-a-day intensity of the normal program.  Material
starts at a level suitable for early intermediates and rapidly improving
beginners.
UPDATE NOTE August 7: Some of the students taking the Intensivo Normal™ in
October are opting to take this less-intense version as a “refresher” from
their intense work of the week before, while also allowing more time to get
around to the milongas and shoe vendors.  In addition, several talented
followers are signing up to take this less-intense class as leaders, to
benefit from Luciana’s mastery of both roles and to practice leading with
the excellent staff assistant followers.  As a result, the leader slots are
almost full!  So guys, if you want to get in on this first-rate method of
improving your tango, better act fast!

“Intensivo™ Cuadrado” (Intensive “Squared”) – Nov. 6-11, $595 before August
15th
For those who have already taken the Standard/Normal level one or more
times, and who want to move to the next level of intensity.  We’ll be
working with the latest approaches to tango mastery bubbling up from the
cauldron of Buenos Aires tango, as interpreted by Luciana from her unique
vantage point at the helm of the popular “El Motivo” practicas!
UPDATE NOTE AUGUST 7: Since the Intensivo Cuadrado™ is not an
open-registration class, you need to contact us to determine if you are
eligible.   You will need to be quite familiar with Luciana’s teaching to be
able to benefit from this session.  Everyone else in the Intensivo Cuadrado™
will have worked for at least 28 hours already on this material at a level
much more intense than typical classes in the United States. If you qualify,
at the moment we expect to have space for 2 more followers and 2 more
leaders in the “staff partner” program.

For now, you can be assured of a place in either or both of the first two
sessions if you act before August 15th.

Remember, we will have only 12 staff leaders and 8 staff followers available
to partner with you in the staff partner option – remember to get your
registrations in before August 15th when the price goes up!

SPECIAL DEAL FOR ORGANIZERS
Bring a minimum of five people from your community to one or more of our
Intensivos and receive up to a $500 discount on your own registration!
Amount discounted depends on program(s) taken by your group – contact us for
details!

Don’t delay your registration – we’ve already got registrations from several
people, some of whom, as noted above, are signing up for more than one
event!  We’re determined to insure the quality of these events in the face
of growth pressures in order to maintain its high reputation, even though
we’re forced to limit its size as a result.

For complete information, please visit our website at
www.danceoftheheart.com and click on Tango Intensivos™.  Paypal payment by
credit card is available on the website to insure fast registration
notification for this first-come-first-served set of events.  Alternatively,
you can save the Paypal fee by paying by check.

Don’t miss these opportunities to study with the best
partner with the
best
and share the sights, sounds and feelings of the home of tango with a
great group of dancers!

We look forward to hearing from you ASAP!

Abrazos,

Brian Dunn and Deborah Sclar (and Luciana, claro!)
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder Colorado 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a better world, one tango at a time”