[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC-Special Benefit Milonga for Ruby

esowchek@pipeline.com esowchek at pipeline.com
Tue Aug 8 16:30:47 EDT 2006

A Special New York Milonga for a Very Special Person
A Benefit for Ruby Patel
Friday, August 11th at Dance Manhattan

Ruby Patel is someone who has been a real Friend of Tango in New York City. In addition
to being a fine dancer, an excellent hostess and a super chef, she has been an important
and truly giving member of our community for a number of years. Now, it is our hope
that that the Tango community will help to return the favor.

Ruby has been undergoing medical treatment for a very serious illness. Like many
Americans, she is without health insurance. She is no longer able to work, and the
expenses are mounting.  In order to come to her assistance, Sara Ruderman (Tango
Escape) and I, together with the fabulous folks at Dance Manhattan, are holding
a benefit for Ruby. It will take place this Friday, August 11th, at the regular
monthly Blue Moon Milonga hosted by Valeria Solomonoff. There will be wonderful
dancing, excellent refreshments, special guest performances, live music by Hector
Del Curto and the Eternal Tango Orchestra and a silent auction, with many terrific
items up for bid. The proceeds will go towards helping Ruby in what is really her
time of need.

BLUE MOON MILONGA, hosted by Valeria Solomonoff
Friday, August 11, 2006
Time: 9:30pm-12:30am
Place: Dance Manhattan, 39 West 19th Street, 5th Floor, NY, NY 212 807-0802
$9 General Admission, $5 for Dance Manhattan Students

We hope that you will all be able to come. If you cannot, however, and would still
like to make a contribution, bid on one of our silent auction items, or donate one
yourself, please contact Sara Ruderman at 212 877-3273.

Please help us to make this evening a great success!