[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC-More about the $100 creativity contest!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 20:40:41 EDT 2006

AUGUST 13 at Session 73, 1st Ave and 73rd St,
during Esmeralda's Tango and Tapas
9:30- Innovative Steps Competition
Dance 7:30 to 11 (or later)

PLEASE TAKE THE LEAP and join us if you can, for "a first"---The Innovative
Steps Contest--- and spend an hour with friends and their playful
offerings---FOR FUN, FUN FUN!!!!!! This next Sunday night.

LEADERS: Grab some of your own interesting steps as you improvise---hold on
to them--- bring them to us to admire---
REMEMBER IT IS NEXT SUNDAY EVENING at 9:30!!!!!!!

NON-CONTESTANTS: Bring your appreciative spirits and we'll drink to the
health of all the contestants, and award one with--DA DUMMMMMM------
          100 DOLLARS' CASH---- by secret ballot.

CONTESTANTS ARE OUR HONORED GUESTS--man or woman, professional or amateur.
WE'LL HAVE A NICE GLASS OF WINE OR COLD BEER FOR YOU after the contest.  (If
you want to be a contestant, though, please e-mail me or call me and this
guarantees a space)

ALSO: For THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY JUST WANT TO DANCE---dancing will continue
in the back party room and anywhere else free of contestants and audience--
you do not have to skip a beat, unless you do it deliberately for a creative
tango moment!

NOTE: The prize will be awarded not necessarily to the *best* dancer, but to
the dancer who creates the most original, exciting, and lead-able tango
step. The word *lead-able* is crucial!  THIS IS ABOUT DANCE IN A SALON
SETTING!

Here is a reminder of the basic rules---
Excellent followers will be provided by ESMERALDA and randomly assigned to
the contestants.
Each contestant will perform his or her moves twice.
The same music will be used for all contestants. La Turca Yesim will d.j.
The new steps will be videotaped and the videos will go to all the
participants.
The winner¹s steps will also be named after their creator. So in addition to
the prize money, there will be ... FAME ... GLORY ... IMMORTALITY!!!!!!
Session 73¹s doors open at 5:30. Come early to warm up the floor, and eat a
bite and drink in the café or at the bar.
Beginner class (w/ Jean Fung) 6:30,
Intermediate ³milonga for folks who hate the milonga² classes (w/Yesim)
6-7:30.

Lucille

Lucille Krasne
212 777 6053