[Tango-A] EU-W: Tango Workshop with LOS HERMANOS MACANA in Umbria, Italy, Sept 23 - 30, 2006

info@rogaia.de info at rogaia.de
Thu Aug 3 06:26:13 EDT 2006

***************** Tango Workshop with Los Hermanos Macana
*******************

at Villa La Rogaia in Umbria, Italy (between Florence and Rome)

++++++++++ September 23 - 30, 2006 +++++++++

http://www.tango-holidays.com

There is one last availability for a couple !!!!!

About Los Hermanos Macana:

Though only in their early twenties, the Argentine brothers Enrique and
Guillermo di Fazio have already become a legendary dance couple: “Los
Hermanos Macana”. They are famous worldwide for their breathtaking and witty
tango interpretations. With their full length “Two men shows” they thrill
their audiences at Tango-, Dance- and Theatre festivals from America to
Europe and Australia.
They couldn´t have chosen a more striking stage name: The term “macana“
comes from the Lunfardo, the language of the harbour quarters of  Buenos
Aires and means “a witty guy”, but also “one who’s just got it”. And that´s
exactly what they are: playful and comical but with an incredible technical
brilliance.
A unique couple bursting of ideas and energy, not only because there are two
men doing the tango together.
Yet “Los Macanas” are everything else but a “modern couple”. Deliberately
they call themselves traditional tango dancers. Thus they take up an
important part of tango history, when at the beginning of the last century
men danced with each other.  A consequence of the lack of ladies in the
immigration country Argentina.

In their classes they teach with a lot of fun and empathy and of course with
technical perfection. A pure joy for their students.

Level: Advanced intermediate
Teaching languages: English, Italian, Spanish

Fee:  EUR 695 per person
Price includes 15 hours of teaching, lodging in doubleroom and food
(breakfast and dinner, all beverages inculded) for the entire week of the
course, including the booking charge.

Please contact us about details of instruction, lodging and food.
We can also advise you about how to get to La Rogaia by plane, car or train.

Tango at Villa La Rogaia

· Come to Italy for a combination of Tango, Arts, Culture, Food, Wine and
more...
· Profit from individual teaching: our classes are limited to 8
participating couples.
· Spend a relaxing week at Villa La Rogaia, an old countryhouse with a large
garden and a pool. It is situated in the hills above Lake Trasimeno between
Rome and Florence. Participants will stay in individually crafted double or
single rooms (shared bathroom for two bedrooms) or in holiday apartments
(for two persons), partly in the village of Castel Rigone at 4 km distance.
· Enjoy our hearty and healthy breakfast and authentic Umbrian cuisine. And
of course there is dancing every night.
· Get inspired by Italy's wealth of culture and history: We can arrange art
historical excursions to Arezzo, Assisi or Perugia and more.
· Combine your Tango vacation with cooking classes, olive harvest or learn
how to paint or sculpt marble... Or just relax in one of our holiday
appartments....

Tango Classes still to come at La Rogaia in 2006:

September 23 - 30, 2006 Los Hermanos Macana (advanced intermediate)
September 30 - October 7, 2006 Wolfgang Sandt (beginners)
Oct 7 - 14, 2006 Ines Moussavi & Ulrich Demmel (intermediate)
Oct 21 - 28, 2006 Fabian Salas & Carolina del Rivero (advanced only)

For further information about La Rogaia please visit
our website
http://www.rogaia.com
or contact us directly:

Agriturismo Villa La Rogaia
di Annette Greifenhagen
Castel Rigone
I - 06065 Passignano sul Trasimeno (PG)
Italia
Tel/ Fax 0039-075-845457
e-Mail: info at rogaia.de

We speak English, German, Italian, French.