[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC's PREMIERE SHOWING OF "TANGO--NEW YORK CITY"

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 03:24:03 EDT 2006

NOT TO BE MISSED! THIS SUNDAY, August 6,
To be held at Esmeralda¹s Tango and Tapas, at Session 73
(73rd and 1st Av, S.W. Corner.  212 517-4445.  www.session73.com)
THE NY PREMIERE of a FILM entitled
³TANGO­NEW YORK CITY ³

This will be a rare opportunity to see this very beautifully filmed
documentary about our community by the argentine filmmaker,  Hugo ZIMMER,
who will be present to discuss his work.

Two members and organizers in our tango community have reviewed it for us.
Here are their enthusiastic responses:
Coco Arregui: ŒIt is about a fabulous slice of the New York City¹s tango
community and it is very, very professional.²
Rick Castro:  ³It is terrific! It takes a dynamic look at parts of this
city¹s tango scene.².
They report that the film features a very large number of members of the
community.

Mr Zimmer leaves for Buenos Aires immediately after this showing, so this
could be your only chance to view his  work. Due to legal complications in
releasing the film, it might be difficult to have such a chance as this for
a long time.

DO NOT DELAY! Email Your RSVP NOW to secure your reservation!

DATE: this Sunday August 6th

SHOW TIMES:
5:15 p.m . - $5 --³EARLY BIRD SPECIAL² ---INCLUDES OPTION TO STAY FOR THE
MILONGA
6:30 P.M.   $10 ‹REGULAR  MILONGA ADMISSION PRICE includes FILM  and MILONGA
(If required we will add a third show at 7:45 pm.)
ESMERALDA'S MILONGA continues  until 12 THIS NIGHT.

PLEASE RSVP to TREY PARKER at FILM at SPICEEVENTS.NET to assure that you have a
reserved space (First come, first served)
Space is limited to 60  seats, plus standing room for 15.
The film¹s running time is 52 minutes.

SESSION 73 OFFERS A DINING SPECIAL FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL PREMIERE - 1
complimentary glass of wine or beer per guest w/order of one of their
delicious tapas. View their spaces and menu at www.session73.com

ESMERALDA¹S  Beginners tango class will take place in the front area at the
usual time of 6:30 pm. (Yesim¹s milonga class will be canceled this week
only.)

AND the following week at ESMERALDA¹S TAPAS AND TANGO,  SUN. AUGUST 13th  BE
READY FOR A TANGO ³FIRST²--An Argentine Tango INVENTIVE STEPS (lead-able,
that is) CONTEST FOR A  $100 CASH PRIZE!

For more information about any of the above, call Lucille at 212 777 6053 or
e-mail lucille at lucillesdesigns.com