[Tango-A] UK Visit: CARINA LOSANO - a Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~ special presentation

Dani dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu
Wed Apr 26 13:04:47 EDT 2006

Dear Tangueros,

A  < Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~ > presentation:

Announcing
 the forthcoming, imminent visit of Argentinean maestra de tango,
CARINA LOSANO – in advance of a UK tour later in the year.

Carina will be teaching at workshops in both Glasgow and Edinburgh – the 5th
& 6th May, respectively. There will be two workshops (followed by an
included supervised practica) on the Saturday: Workshop 1: Time 10.15am –
12.15 Workshop 2: Time 2pm-4pm Supervised practica: 4pm-5pm

Details of cost/location/booking/workshop themes etc will follow in the next
day or so.

* A LIMITED NUMBER OF PRIVATE LESSONS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE *
[If you’re interested in privates, please state so – at least in principle –
just now]

Carina is one of THE big guns in the world of international tango. See her
biography below. Amongst many other accolades, she taught Madonna technique
and choreographed her in Evita, etc. She has also choreographed for many TV
commercials.

BIOGRAPHY
Carina Losano is a native of Buenos Aires and has studied many forms of
dance, including ballet, contemporary, modern-jazz, flamenco, and salsa, but
she is internationally recognized for her mastery of tango.  . She trained
with many of the great Argentine tango masters—such as Juan Carlos Copes,
Eduardo Arquimbau, Pepito Avellaneda, Gloria and Rodolfo Dinzel, Carlos
Rivarola, Gustavo Naveira, Fabian Salas, and Graciela Gonzales—and taught
students from all over the world at the revered Confiteria Ideal in Buenos
Aires before moving to the US.

To deepen her understanding of the history and structure of tango, Carina
took classes at the Tango University of Buenos Aires on the theory and
interpretation of tango music, tango style and technique, and tango poetry.
She was appointed a Cultural Ambassador by the Secretary of Culture of
Buenos Aires in 2000 and now serves as the official tango instructor of the
Argentine Embassy in Washington, DC.

Carina is an accomplished choreographer as well as performer and instructor,
and her credits (amongst many others) include:

-     teaching Madonna tango technique for her role in Evita, and
-     co-choreographing the PEPSI commercial starring Shakira that
      was aired nationally throughout the U.S during the 2003
      Academy Awards.
-     She also co-choreographed a commercial for HSBC Bank to launch
      a new marketing campaign in 2005

As an instructor, Carina teaches a style of tango which is elegant and
dynamic, while at the same time relaxed, comfortable, enjoyable, and
accessible to everyone. Her natural ability and her training with some of
the greatest masters from Argentina give her a unique capacity to instil her
students with a deep feeling for the subtle nuances of tango. She emphasizes
contact and communication between dancers so that they move together in
rhythm and harmony. Under her guidance, students realize a new feeling for
music and movement, and they come to enjoy the sensations which have made
tango a seductive art for generations.

Her unique combination of technical skills as a dancer and interpersonal
skills as an instructor have led international cruise lines—such as Radisson
Seven Seas Cruises and MSC Cruises—to engage Carina as a guest instructor on
cruises to several continents and numerous countries, including Argentina,
Brazil, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Turkey and Uruguay.

Carina’s skill as a dancer and teacher has been acknowledged with numerous
awards and accolades, including the

-    “Golden Obelisk,”
-    “Teacher of Milongueros,”
-    “Young Generation of Milongueros,” and
-    “Dedication to Tango,” which was awarded by Juan Carlos Copes.
-     Carina was also awarded First Prize in the “Championship Hugo
      del Carril” in 1997 and for three consecutive years
      represented “Solo Tango TV” in the International Exposition of
      the Cable Industry.

Carina performs regularly in the US at locations such as the Argentine
Embassy, the Organization of American States, the Kennedy Centre for the
Performing Arts, and she was one of the featured performers at the Hispanic
Inaugural Gala for President George W. Bush in 2001.
When I went to Buenos Aires 9 years ago - she was one of my first teachers.
She taught me a helluva lot! Everything she (and two others at that time -
Fabian Salas, and Zoraida Fontclara) taught me then, method, technique
(which I'm a real stickler for) etc etc etc... I put into my teaching even
now. In short, Carina’s teaching is too great an opportunity to miss.

As I’ve said, further details re cost/location/booking etc will follow in
the next day or so.

Meantime, if you’d like to register your interest or to book places, please
contact:

Email1: dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu
Email2: dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.com

If you’d like to join Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~ Yahoo Group (please do),
info will also be posted at its address as follows:

Although my own website (see below) is steadily building (it’s taking time
as I’m doing it myself) I’m planning to create a dedicated page for her
visit.

Website (still currently under construction:
www.tango-la-dolce-vita.eu  / www.tango-la-dolce-vita.com

Online photogallery (incl. CITA-2006 photos):
www.tango-la-dolce-vita.com/Coppermine
   – or –
www.tango-la-dolce-vita.eu/Coppermine

Cheers