[Tang-Residents] Express Yourself White Board - 24th floor

Dawn Anderson colquitt at mit.edu
Wed Apr 21 18:59:12 EDT 2021

Greetings Tang Hall:

There is quite a lot happening in the United States right now, that is challenging to discuss openly and is omnipresent.  I am not talking about the pandemic. This subject matter is something many of us were told to avoid.  I have certainly received warnings that race is a taboo subject which leaves many of us inept to deal with the consequences of ignoring it.

Housing has proposed a safe way the community can exchange thoughts and ideas on this subject.  There is now a whiteboard on the 24th floor with dry erase markers.  Each week I will pose a question to be answered anonymously or with initials.  If you find yourself visiting the lounge or the 24th floor bathroom, consider leaving an answer or reading the other responses.  Occasionally, there would be pop ups in the Infinite Corridor inviting folks to share their thoughts and opinions on a particular topic.  I have always found them fascinating so this will be Tang's pop up.

Weekly Question:  In your opinion, what would it take to eliminate racial inequality in the United States?

Look forward to seeing some responses.  You can also share on a Post it note.

?

Dawn

Dawn Colquitt-Anderson, Head of House, Tang Hall<https://studentlife.mit.edu/housing/graduate-family-housing/graduate-residences/tang-hall>
Massachusetts Institute of Technology