[StarCluster] starcluster with chameleon openstack

sshams2@cct.lsu.edu sshams2 at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Mar 5 22:43:28 EST 2016

Hi All,
We have been using starcluster on amazon ec2 for a long time and since
we are moving to use open stack as cloud environment, I want to use
starcluster for chameleoncloud. I tried to make the starcluster work
chameleon cloud with proper config file but it seems there should be
more modifications to adapt it to openstack environment. I found
couple of starcluster openstack version claiming that they are adapted
for openstack but running them, I am still getting error messages
mostly about the image id and image tags and so on.I am wondering
whether there is any official release of starcluster for openstack
that can be utilized or can you please intorduce somebody from your
team to help us debugging the current starcluster release for openstack.
I sincerely appreciate your kindness and consideration.
Yours Sincerely,
Shayan Shams
Center for computation and technology
Louisiana State University