[StarCluster] Increase /tmp space

Alex Lee simplitia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:53:57 EDT 2016

Dear all,
I notice that the AMI image I'm using is only 8G, however I'm wondering if
there is an option to add instance storage during the launch say to 100G?
I do have an ebs volume that I can try to remount /tmp too but I'm sure if
that will be properly nfs shared across the nodes, also I get a feeling
that it will much slower.

here are what my devices look like at the moment.

NAME    MAJ:MIN  RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
xvda    202:0     0     8G  0 disk
└─xvda1 202:1     0     8G  0 part /
xvdz    202:6400  0   1.5T  0 disk /data
xvdaa   202:6656  0   300G  0 disk

by the way what is xvdaa?  Can I use it as a /tmp space?

thanks in advance!
Alex