[StarCluster] createusers

Boris Fain boris at freecurve.com
Thu Jul 9 22:32:20 EDT 2015

Hi -

Thank you very much for a great package!

I am having problems adding users to the cluster:

boris at MacBook-Pro:~$ starcluster runplugin createusers md_cluster
StarCluster - (http://star.mit.edu/cluster) (v. 0.95.6)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster at mit.edu

!!! ERROR - Plugin "createusers" not found in config

and in the plugins directory in the config file I have:

[plugin createusers]
 SETUP_CLASS = starcluster.plugins.users.CreateUsers
 # # NUM_USERS = 5
 usernames = boris, illarionov, kurnikov, leonidp, tatianap
 DOWNLOAD_KEYS = True
 download_keys_dir = /Users/boris/Work/strela/starcluster_ec2

# # you can also comment out NUM_USERS and specify exact usernames, e.g.

and, also, in the md_cluster definition:

PLUGINS = sge, pkginstaller, createusers

Any help much appreciated.

P.S. create volume does not find the default ami in us-west-2a but I just
did this manually.

--

b.