[StarCluster] PROBLEM ATTACHING VOLUME ON CENTOS init.d.nfs NOT FOUND

Jennifer Staab jstaab at cs.unc.edu
Tue Apr 21 11:23:27 EDT 2015

My initial guess is that either NFS isn't loaded and/or the startup
script located in /etc/init.d has been renamed to something different or
it doesn't exist.  For Ubuntu 14.04 it was renamed to
"nfs-kernel-server" instead of "nfs".  With Ubuntu 14.04 there is also
an error regarding "portmap". For details regarding these issues and
fixes I made for Ubuntu 14.04 see my archived posts here
<http://star.mit.edu/cluster/mlarchives/2538.html> and here
<http://star.mit.edu/cluster/mlarchives/2545.html>.

My guess based on Hugh MacMullan's earlier email (subject line: "Re:
[StarCluster] PROBLEM ATTACHING VOLUME ON CENTOS init.d.nfs NOT
FOUND" ) is that you are running CentOS 7 and/or you may also need to
make sure the "nfs-utils" package is installed.  His directions for
CentOS 6 give you the solution to the portmap issue, his directions for
CentOS 7 - the first two lines solve the "/etc/init.d/nfs" issue and the
next two line solve the portmap issue.

Good Luck!
-Jennifer