[StarCluster] need scratch space

Jennifer Staab jstaab at cs.unc.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:24:28 EST 2014

Submit command "lsblk" and you will see the instance/ephemeral storage.
In my experience the instance/ephemeral storage will be smaller in size
( for me 40 GB is typically 37.5/37 GB in size) and usually one disk is
automatically mounted as "/mnt".  Seems like in your case it is likely
"/dev/xvdaa" is one of the instance/ephemeral disks.  If you don't see
the other with "lsblk" command, it is likely when you created the EC2
you forgot to indicate you wanted to use both instance storage disks
when you added storage to your EC2.

Good Luck.

- Jennifer