[StarCluster] hi starcluster - openstack question

Jason Bishop jason.bishop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:46:09 EDT 2014

Hi errbody, I thought I saw a semi recent post on one of the openstack
maillists about a starcluster port to openstack.  Now I can't seem to find
it so I thought I would ask here.

I would be interested in any howto's etc for running starcluster on
openstack,  especially since I have only run native nova/neutron/swift
stuff and have never setup any of the ec2 bindings.  Also I see an ubuntu
precise ami in aws but am not sure how to get that for openstack.  Is this
something I need to bake myself?

starcluster-base-ubuntu-12.04-x86_64 - ami-765b3e1f
StarCluster Base Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 (US-EAST-1)
Root device type: ebs Virtualization type: paravirtual

thanks!
jason