[StarCluster] sge node stops running jobs

Ryan Golhar ngsbioinformatics at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:02:25 EDT 2013

Didn't know they were NFS mounted.  All my nodes are m1.xlarge.  They
aren't doing any I/O over NFS, just local scratch space...ephemeral drives.
 They do read some program files over NFS, but not much.  If it were an NFS
problem, I would suspect seeing an NFS error, or 'ls' hanging, but the
directory lists just fine and is empty. The fact that its NFS is weird and
doesn't fit the symptoms.  Maybe the mount got removed somehow and 'ls' is
showing the local directory?  Hmmm.  I'll have to investigate further next
time it happens.