[StarCluster] Plan for Window Azure Virtual Machines?

Hyungro Lee hroe.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 20:26:17 EDT 2013

In my opinion, it is not easy to support boto from Windows Azure since they
use Hyper-V not Xen for their virtualization. They have different steps to
launch VM instances.

I have seen many people use StarCluster for boto-supported cloud services
and I thought it doesn't hurt if they can use StarCluster in other services
like Azure as well, even though the services have different interfaces. I
am willing to put some efforts to port StarCluster to Windows Azure without
ruining the main structure of StarCluster. I guess awsutil.py is a main
source for handling Amazon Cloud with boto and for Azure, it may need a
separated file (e.g. wazutil.py) to handle Azure Cloud with their client
sdk. It would be appreciated if I can hear any comments and feedbacks for
that.

Best,
Hyungro