[StarCluster] instance type for StarCluster

Ed Morris ecm200 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:06:07 EST 2013

As far as I am aware, there is an option distinguish between the master
node and the compute node types. Hence, if you do not want the master node
to be a compute node as well, then there is no point in having such a
powerful master node.

I do not know if you can specify different instance types for compute
nodes. What is the motivation for this?

If you have different compute requirements for different jobs types, then
you could always setup two separate clusters with the required hardware
type.

On 18 January 2013 17:50, Kai Li <kai.li.jx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just two questions.
> 1. Is it possible to use a reserved instance as master node?
> 2. is it possible to attach nodes of different instance type to one
> cluster?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> 李凯 ( Kai Li )