[StarCluster] Using a hi-I/O instance as the master node in a StarCluster Cluster

Dustin Machi dmachi at vbi.vt.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:44:47 EST 2013

I've never messed with them on AWS, but I assume that these get mounted
wherever the local disks get mounted normally.../mnt.  The hi1.4xlarge
should have two 1tb volumes mounted
(http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2012/07/new-high-io-ec2-instance-type-hi14xlarge.html)
or available to mount (fdisk -l).  The don't think the IOPS provisioning
will matter much here (for the the read/writes to those volumes anyway),
though they may impact the performance of the EBS volume itself of
course.

Dustin