[StarCluster] Waiting for JSON connector file...

Justin Riley jtriley at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 14 14:44:33 EST 2012

Hi Alessandro,

Yes you can only stop an EBS-backed cluster. With that said any
cluster started with EBS-backed AMIs is stoppable provided it's not a
spot cluster. The latest StarCluster 11.10 AMIs are EBS-backed so if
you're using them with on-demand instances you can stop your cluster
using the 'stop' command and then restart them later on using:

$ starcluster start -x your_stopped_cluster

HTH,

~Justin

On 11/08/2012 07:37 PM, Alessandro Gagliardi wrote:
> I think the problem is that I can only start a stopped StarCluster
> if it's EBS-backed. (At least, that's what it looks like from
> reading
> http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/manual/launch.html#stopping-an-ebs-backed-cluster.)

But how do I make it EBS-backed? (Sadly, searching the documentation for
> ebs-backed
> <http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/search.html?q=ebs-backed&check_keywords=yes&area=default>

yields no results.)