[StarCluster] Connection time out on `starcluter start <cluster id>'

Yousun Ko yousun.ko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:32:20 EDT 2012

To whom it may concern,

Hi, this is Yousun Ko and I'm using StarCluster for my research.
The problem is that `starcluster start <cluster id>' cannot connect to EC2.
I could run the command without problem yesterday.
Following is the exact error message:

water at water-com:~$ starcluster start testcluster
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.3)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster at mit.edu

!!! ERROR - Unable to connect: [Errno 110] Connection timed out
!!! ERROR - Check your internet connection?

Strange thing is I can access to EC2 via web console.
Could you please let me know what will be the possible cause of
the error?

Regards,
Yousun