[StarCluster] loadbalance exit after no jobs

David Erickson derickso at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 26 21:12:59 EST 2012

Hi-
I was reading about the loadbalance command and it looks great, I'd like
to submit a bunch of jobs (1:1 with VMs) then draw down the VMs once
jobs end.  It looks like loadbalance can do this, one quirk however is
I'd like the loadbalance command to exit once the queue is empty, but
NOT kill the master, because I'd like to copy some data off before
terminating the cluster.  Is there any way to do this with the
loadbalance command?  A workaround would be to run loadbalance to handle
draw down of the cluster and another command watching for all jobs to
complete which will kill loadbalance once all jobs complete, but it is
more complex.

Thanks,
David