[StarCluster] Error when running mpich2 plugin using Starcluster

Subbarao Kota subbarao.kota at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:12:24 EDT 2012

Hi Justin, Thanks so much.

I was able to use one of the 32-bit public AMIs. MPICH2 plugin appeared to have worked. And also the passwordless login into the nodes. I was also able to execute the benchmarks in the head node. But I couldn't confirm if the benchmark was executed in the cluster or just the head-node. Attached is an example of the log when attempted for STREAM benchmark. It was run as root from master node. I passed only master, node001 in the arguments for mpirun command but number of nodes (processes) -np as 4 just to check.

The result indicates the benchmark ran on 4 nodes. But I only have master node and 1 worker node in the cluster. How can I confirm if the benchmark really ran on all the nodes?

Please advise,
Subbarao Kota.