[StarCluster] 100 nodes cluster

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 15:48:03 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> However, if one can wrap around the real
 ssh with a fake ssh script that sleeps 30 seconds and then runs the
real
> ssh, then we can see how good (or bad) the Workerpool handles long
latency commands - and we will start from
> there to optimize the launch
performance.

Replying to myself - after quickly reading the code...

StarCluster uses Paramiko instead of executing ssh, so wrapping around a long latency ssh script won't work.

And there are quite a lot of discussions about issues with multithreaded programs that call Paramiko -- just google: Paramiko+multithreading

Rayson