[StarCluster] starcluster plugin status code 127

Wei Tao wei.tao at tsibiocomputing.com
Wed Dec 21 01:02:32 EST 2011

Hi all,

I tried to implement the queue configuration suggested by Don MacMillen a
while ago. Here is my plugin code:

from starcluster.clustersetup import ClusterSetup

class SgeConfig(ClusterSetup):
    def __init__(self, queue_to_config):
        self.queue_to_config = queue_to_config

    def run(self, nodes, master, user, user_shell, volumes):
        cmd_strg = 'qconf -mattr queue load_thresholds np_load_avg=1.5 %s'
%self.queue_to_config
        output = master.ssh.execute(cmd_strg)

When I execute "starcluster runplugin <myplugin> <mycluster>", I got:

>>> Running plugin <myplugin>
!!! ERROR - command 'qconf -mattr queue load_thresholds np_load_avg=1.5
all.q' failed with status 127

If I sshmaster and run the command directly as this:

root at master:~# qconf -mattr queue load_thresholds np_load_avg=1.5 all.q
root at master modified "all.q" in cluster queue list

It works fine. Could someone please point out why the plugin would have a
status code 127 when direct execution of the command apparently works fine?

Thanks for the help!

-Wei