[StarCluster] OpenMP and Sun Grid Engine

Damian Eads eads at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Apr 18 23:38:35 EDT 2011

Hi,

Last year, I was using MPI and it was suggested by Justin to use

     qsub -pe orte X mpi-job-script.sh [mpi job arguments]

to add an MPI job to the queue (where X is the number of slots for the job).

Now, my situation is slightly different. I am no longer using MPI but
OpenMP (you know, #pragma parallel before certain for loops). What
process manager should I use with Sun Grid Engine in this case? How
would I specify how many slots the job should use?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Damian