[StarCluster] creating a new AMI for starcluster -- can't log in

Marc Resnick mresnick at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 30 08:31:13 EDT 2010

In my experience (mostly with a 10.04 alestic cluster), once you
remove the command prefix from the authorized keys file, you should be
able to SSH as root. However, if the instance restarts and
(set_disable_root == True), the commands prefix will be put back in.

So, unless 10.10 is completely and totally different, try SSHing as
root after you fix the authorized_keys file. If that doesn't work,
something is wrong (or 10.10 is completely and totally different).

I'll see if I can replicate the behavior you're seeing.

Marc