[Starcluster] enlarge volume

Austin Godber godber at uberhip.com
Thu Aug 12 20:08:05 EDT 2010

e2fsck should be run on the partition and not the disk.

So

sudo e2fsck /dev/sdz1

should work.  BTW, if you put a $ in your sample command lines, I think
you are running it as non-root user so I always think you need a sudo.
If you are running them as root, I would expect a #.

Also, I am very confused why the error message says anything about
/dev/sdo, if the disk you ran it on was sdz.

I am having some of the same problems you are, so there is something
strange going on and I don't know what yet.  I must have never resized a
starcluster ebs volume.  I guess it was something else.  I know I have
resized root ebs volumes according to the alestic instructions but never
anything with a partition in it ... I guess.   I am working on building
a new version of parted to see if that helps things any.

Austin