[Starcluster] connection.execute blocks

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:58:53 EDT 2010

I'm trying to write a plug in that starts database server on on of the nodes
of my cluster.

However, a line like this in my plugin:

       connection.execute('commands to start the DB')

wont' work because the command to start the DB process doesn't return  --
not until the DB is killed -- so since connection.execute blocks, this never
returns, and the rest of the execution of the plugin hangs.

The same thing happens when I try to run the process in teh background, e.g.

    connection.execute('commands to start the DB &')

Fundamentally this is because paramiko.channel.exec_commands blocks.

What I should do?