[Sci-tech-public] LS/ES Working Group -- An Orphaned Orangutan and Imperialism

Kara Swanson kswanson at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 3 10:43:01 EDT 2006

*LS/ES Working Group*

*Schedule, Spring 2006*

12:30 - 2, rm 469, Science Center (unless otherwise noted)

With the spring, the Life Sciences/Environmental Sciences Working Group
returns!

Please join us on *Wed., April 12*, *12:30-2, rm 469 Science Center*

**when *Rheana Juno Parrenas*, a graduate student in anthropology at
Havard, will speak on

*'My Dear Little Duck of a Brown Hairy Baby:' Alfred Russell Wallace, an
Orphaned Orangutan, and Imperialist Paternalism in the Realm of the
White Rajah (Sarawak, now Malaysia).
*

Lunch will be served, so please rsvp to Jane Zhu (jzhu at fas.harvard.edu)
and let her know if you plan to attend.

 And save the date -- on *April 26,* we will hear *Etienne Benson,
HSSTS, MIT* on

 "Territorializing wildlife: animal behavior, international
conservation, and the politics of space during the Cold War"

Kara W. Swanson, B.S., M.A., J.D.
Ph.D. Candidate
History of Science
Harvard University