[Save] Oct. 29 E&S Seminar: The Molecular Chemistry of Renewable Energy

Karen Gibson kgibson at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 27 12:34:55 EST 2003

Environment and Sustainability Seminar Series
Sponsored by the MIT Laboratory for Energy and the Environment
<http://lfee.mit.edu>

The Molecular Chemistry of Renewable Energy

Daniel G. Nocera
W. M. Keck Professor of Energy and Professor of Chemistry
http://web.mit.edu/chemistry/dgn/www/

Wednesday, October 29
12:00-1:30 p.m.
Room E40-496

ABSTRACT
The greatest challenge facing our global future is energy currency.
Within our lifetimes, energy consumption will increase by at least
two-fold. This enormous increase gives rise to many misconceptions of
what energy source will fuel our future. This talk will discuss these
misconceptions and address fundamental science that needs to be
undertaken at the molecular level to meet the global future's energy
needs.

Light refreshments will be provided.
Karen  L. Gibson
Program Assistant
MIT Laboratory For Energy and the Environment
77 Massachusetts Avenue, E40-469
(1 Amherst St., E40-469 - for DHL and FedEx)
Cambridge, MA 02139  USA
Tel:  1 (617) 258-6368; Fax:  1 (617) 258-6590
http://lfee.mit.edu
http://globalsustainability.org