Extended Notifications issue

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Sun Apr 26 19:38:47 EDT 2009

G'Day,

I would talk to your SSO people first. However I've just had a similar
problem and if yours is the same issue then it's actually a bit annoying
design because the Extended Notifications' links point to the NetWeaver ABAP
system whereas their landscape uses the portal as authentication (but no
SSO). By hyperlinking to the ABAP system it wants to log on there instead of
portal. I ended up doing a lengthy mod where I replaced the URLs with
something that launched a custom portal iView that then redirected back to
the backend.

I would suggest raising it with OSS to get their feedback. IMO this kind of
hacking around should not be necessary but we did not have the time to wait
for OSS.

Cheers,
Mike