Terminating event raised, but workflow doesn't complete

Glauco Kubrusly glaucokubrusly at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 13 07:01:51 EST 2006

Hi tamara,

  It's happening here with a custom workflow to exactly on this way. I didn't find any solution yet but if I had found I will give it to you.

  Is it happening only with some events or is it happening to all events ? Is your event configured to use a asynchronous method and is a terminating event  configured to this task ?

  If it's happening to all events, try to see if it is not triggering or if it is taking a long time to terminate the task.

  good luck,
  Glauco

tamara.elliott at kodak.com escreveu:

We have recently implemented the PO, the contract and the sched agreements approval workflows.  A problem is "sometimes" occurring in production where the approval workitem step receives the terminating event (the approval has been done), but the workflow doesn't complete.  It just stays in process, and stays in the approvers in-box even though they already did the approval.  I searched OSS and even implemented note 831443 thinking there may be some type of locking problem happening.  I have not been able to re-produce this in our Dev or QA environment.  Also this mainly is happening with contracts and sched agreements, not PO's.  Any ideas?

We are on a 4.7 system.  Thanks.

Tami Elliott
Eastman Kodak Company