Very poor and inconsistent Inbox performance

Partha Chatterjee pchatterjee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:58:34 EDT 2006

Thanks for all your responses.

To answer some of the questions asked:

1) There no custom virtual attributes that I have coded.

2) There only 2 active dialog workflows (one AP imaging one that is a
one stepper and a forms workflow that has 3 steps).   The most
complicated thing any of these are doing is rule resolution and even
that is pretty straightforward z-table read).

3) SAP has recommended 6 different OSS Notes many of which dela with
table SWW_WI2OBJ.

4) We had our Basis guys do table re-orgs on several SAP table which
improved acces to SBWP from over 1/2 hour to 2 minutes.  However, 2
minutes is still on the high side in my estimation.

Obviously the table re-org helped by an order of magnitude but I don't
get why the table re-org had the effect it did since prior to the
re-org different users were getting performance between 2 minutes to
over a half hour on t-code SBWP.

We are implementing the following notes based on SAP's recommendations:

* 725721 - Incorrect index on the SWW_WI2OBJ table
* 857869 - SWW_WI2OBJ is not deleted
* 857122 - SWW_WI2OBJ in the RSWWWIDE_DEP report
* 835528 - Workitem-to-object relation missing for ABAP objects
* 861380 - SWW_CONTOB after SWW_WI2OBJ migration
* 905886 - Error updating the sww_wi2obj table

I will have to look into the user settings Jocelyn suggested and see
if that's part of it.

Will let you guys know -- thanks again for the input!

With regards,
Partha